Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5645 mg or 5925mg and servo programmer?

Old 10-25-2006, 04:16 PM
airlyons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5645 mg or 5925mg and servo programmer?

Hello...

I have a hangar 9 extra 260 27% with cs70mg hobbico servos. I'm not too happy with them as I believe my hobby store sold me the wrong aluminum arms! There is between 1/8th and 3/16th of an inch of play on the elevators and ailerons.

So, I'm hoping to get a servo that has supplied, proper fitting metal servo arms. (1" to 1.25")

I'm looking for at least 130 oz.in. of torque.

Standard size servos required.

Would the 5645mg suffice should I get the 5925mg?

Is coreless that much better? The dead band reflects accuracy right?? they're both at 1 usec so isn't that good? plus the 5645 has higher torque.

Do they both come with aluminum arms supplied?

Also, what's the difference between just using ATV etc with your radio versus using one of these servo programmers? Do the programmers reset the middle and end points electonically? Isn't that what the transmitter does? Or is it something to do with constant torque throughout?? If you have an article that explains this it would be much appreciated.

Oh... one more question... I'm thinking of buying a new transmitter. (9 channel) Does Hitec have one with this servo programmer built in?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 10-26-2006, 09:33 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 5645 mg or 5925mg and servo programmer?

The digitals you noted are shipped with a .75” aluminum arm. Aftermarket arms are available from several sources and they work fine.

The 5645 would work fine, but the 5925 will work better. Coreless motored servos or more precise by nature.

The programmer electronically sets the center and end-point parameters. The programmer allows you to choose the over all servo angle while maintaining MAX system resolution, i.e., if you need 40 degrees servo angle the servo is programmed for same and will react to full TX pulse width (900-2100us). ATV limits pulse-width to achieve same, draw back is reduced system resolution or finite steps of movement.

No TX’s with servo programming capabilities on-board has been proposed.