Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic6 throttle cut w/twin?

Old 10-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Oshawapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic6 throttle cut w/twin?

I just finalized the construction and setup of my first twin last night... I'm using an Optic6 with this model and have each engine on a seperate channel to allow for ease of fine tuning idles, etc.

I've got the starboard engine on the primary throttle channel, and the port engine on channel 6 with a 100% mix programmed between the two.

Everything works perfectly except for the throttle cut button - it only activates and closes the carb on the starboard engine - channel 6 (the other engine) does not respond whatsoever.

Wondering if there's a way around this?

Thanks

Mark
www.oshawapilot.ca
Old 11-02-2006, 01:13 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Optic6 throttle cut w/twin?

Sorry no, the cut feature will not link to the slave channel.

Mike.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Oshawapilot

Default RE: Optic6 throttle cut w/twin?

I was afraid of that. Oh well, I'll set it up with enough trim left to be able to shut them both down the 'old way'. ;-)

I noticed last night while going over things again before its (hopefull) maiden flight this weekend that the same situation occurs with the throttle lock - it only locks the standard throttle channel, but the mixed channel for the other engine remains unlocked and continues to respond to the throttle.

Although this opens up some interesting possibilities for differential thrust ground maneuvering (grin) it could also be viewed as a possible safety hazard.

Perhaps future revisions of the Hitec software could provide the option for echoing things like shutdown and throttle lockout when the throttle channel is mixed with another.