Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

New HS-6975HB servo's ?

Old 11-10-2006, 11:23 AM
MikeRuth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New HS-6975HB servo's ?

Good day,

I purchased four HS6975HB servo's recently from Servo City and just got around to checking them out.

On the bench connected to a new Hitec QPCM receiver and a freshly charged 6.0V pack, I noticed that all of them seem to have a intermitant glitch around center and towards end of rotation.

Let me explain further, I connected them to channel 3 (throtle) with defualt TX settings, no Expo, ATV etc.
I install a degree wheel and then a servo arm with a pointer. I hold the servo between my fingers on the bench and then cycle the stick low to high and back again. This lets me see visualy the arm movement and feel any non smoothness.

Again this is intermitant but i can feel a gitter sometimes around center and sometimes near the end of travel.
I did this with an Eclipse 7 TX and then with an Optic 6 TX, to rule out the pot in the transmitter.

I find that the glitch, for lack of a better term, occurs less when the servo is on a centerd channel ie: Elevator, Aileron etc.

I will say that it seemed as though it occured less after cycling the servo for a minuet.

so what do you think? need any more info?

Thanks Mike R

Old 11-12-2006, 02:31 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New HS-6975HB servo's ?

The 6975HB's have proven to work very well IMO.

I'd suggest utilizing a different RX to eliminate it as a variable. Possibly the fresh off charge battery has some influence too. Breaking in the servo has some merit as well, it s plausible inconsistencies with the gear-train and or potentiometer were worked out during your bench exercise.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:03 PM
MikeRuth

Great, I will repeat the test with a fresh 4.8V battery and a supreme 8 receiver.

Mike
Old 11-15-2006, 09:49 AM
MikeRuth

OK, I finaly got around to exchanging the receiver, I picked up a supreme IIS.

Now all servo's are smooth as silk, checked them with both 4.8V and 6.0 V packs.

Seems as though the Qpcm receiver I got had a problem. Unfortunatly the LHS did not have another one in stock for me to try.

I do also want to put this out, my LHS is hobby people who we know support Hitech in a big way.
Only because I am a regular and frequent buyer did they exchange the receiver. Management says that once you purchase a hitech product, and open the package, you can only retrun it to Hitech if there are any issues at all.

I'm not crazy about that.
We need legitamate LHS support to keep things moving(flying).

Mike r
Old 11-15-2006, 04:07 PM
3D Joy

ORIGINAL: MikeRuth

I'm not crazy about that.
We need legitamate LHS support to keep things moving(flying).

Mike r

That is a VERY good point. Although I never needed such an option, I would really like knowing it could be helping me whenever I may need it.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:33 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It’s atypical of all radio equipment manufacturers to require the user to return defective product directly to same for service... Hitec allows Hobby Shops to do over the counter exchanges at their discretion it’s their call. However policy is as noted.