Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec RX for gas engines

Old 11-11-2006, 09:54 PM
mr.scale
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec RX for gas engines

Hello: I'm looking for information on a hitec receiver for my 29% gas engine plane,how can i tell on pcm and ppm, what hitec receiver you recomend?
Fernando
Old 11-11-2006, 10:43 PM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: Hitec RX for gas engines

The Hitec Supreme is about as good as it gets with plain FM/PPM receivers, mine have never missed a beat and have excellent range.

For PCM (assuming you've got a Hitec transmitter) you only have one choice -- and that's Hitec's PCM receiver which also has good range and seems reliable enough.

Some folks swear by FM/PPM for gassers, others swear that you *must*use PCM. For me, the deciding factor was that I don't think any aircraft this size should be flown without a failsafe facility -- which means either PCM or the new Fusion 9 IPD synthesized receiver.

There have been some problems with a few of the Fusion receivers so I"m sitting on the sideline waiting to see how widespread they are before I consider them to be worth risking a gasser on at this stage.

My vote would be to go with PCM.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:53 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While PPM RX's will suffice for gas powered models they lack some features worthy of consideration IMO.

PCM RX’s typically afford a more resilient radio link to interference anomalies as do IPD RX’s either have failsafe parameters.

I’d recommend an IPD RX, Hitec and Multiplex offer units compatible with nearly all TX’s. IPD RX’s do not require a special and or proprietary matching OEM transmitter as do PCM RX’s
Old 11-12-2006, 08:00 PM
femi

Hi guys, just read your posts; have been having problems with interference with my FM PPm recievers on Hitel and Futaba; am quite interested in getting the IPD Rxs; have lost 5 birds so far, so right now am game for anything that can keep me safe from interferece; Please kindly give links to where i can purchase them online; thanks
Old 11-12-2006, 10:20 PM
XJet
Banned

Note that an IPD receiver will *not* filter out the kind of low-level intereference that FM/PPM receivers often suffer from in a gasser.

Unlike PCM, the IPD receivers can only reject interference that exceeds a certain level and there is always the small risk that if a burst of interference moves your servos to an uncommanded deflection then the last-position-hold that operates prior to failsafe kicking-in might drive your bird into the ground.

I fly IPD receivers on my glow stuff and it works well -- but when it comes to gassers, my money is with PCM. Only PCM will guarantee not to let any glitches through.

A lot of folks test out their RC installations in gassers using a plain PPM/FM receiver (so that any unexpected glitching or intererence will show up) and then switch to PCM once they're happy they've got things as good as they can get them.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 PM
mr.scale
My Feedback: (4)

ok what is IPD RX
I'm reading a thread about 2.4hz or something like that what do you think?
Old 11-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Electriceddie

Is It I Pee Daily

OK now share with us IPD......
Old 11-16-2006, 10:36 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the instruction manual for the Fusion IPD RX, see link below.

http://hitecrcd.com/Support/Manuals/...FUSION%209.pdf