Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Can engine fuel or smoke damage the evo tx case?

Old 11-28-2006, 12:20 PM
vidhawas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can engine fuel or smoke damage the evo tx case?

I 've read from others forum that many evo user complaint about the silver coating of the tx case deteriorates easily by engine fuel or smoke or even
with friction area from daily use.Is it true?.I'am going to use evo with my fury extreme ,may be I have to reconsider about this.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:44 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Can engine fuel or smoke damage the evo tx case?

I guess anything is possible but I don't think I would not fly because of the slim potential that it would happen.

Mike.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:48 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuel resistant paint is a problem for any and all TX's... I'm asking myself why you would expose your TX to this stuff to begin with?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Capgains
My Feedback: (4)

Well first you fuel the plane, and there is a chance you can get glow fuel or nitro on your hands, then you prime the engine which might get some of the fuel on your hands, then you start the engine and tune which might throw oil, and raw fuel anywhere the prop wash takes it.... like your hands then you grab your radio.... with your hands. It's not so far fetched that the radio will get stuff on it. If the paint on the radio is not fuel resistant then it's possible. But it's still a cool radio even if it doesn't win the bathing suit contest.

I would like to know if there is a way to get a set of the decals used on the radio.... I would like to repaint mine in a cool paint scheme.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:35 AM
vidhawas

finally someone understand what I mean. thanks captain...and in adition the mpx owner also complain that it left sticky feeling beside dirty look and can't use alcohol to wipe it dry?that's why I 'm concern.thanks anyway for all answers
Old 01-04-2007, 09:37 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your standard variety Alcohol should not damage the EVO case for clean-up. If in doubt, simply try it on a small area on the back of the TX case or similar. After all you’re not giving the TX a shower in the stuff. Nitro in fuel is or should be the problem. If you allow the fuel residue to languish on the TX case you may have a problem.

As far as exposing the TX as noted above to stray fuel, I believe it’s not an issue with due diligence. I can’t ever remember having issue with fuel splatter or whatever with regard to hosing down the TX in all my years of flying glow models. Specific attention to wear the TX is placed during refueling; tuning and the like will prevent you from bathing same in fuel and its byproducts IMO.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Capgains
My Feedback: (4)

I gotta think that it's probably the nitro... heck nitro is one of the best solvents and paint removers around. I looked at my radio closely last night. I hold my radio in my hands as opposed to the tray method. Where my hands wrap around the radio, you can clearly see my hand prints in the paint. This is after two years of use. I'm not saying that this paint was meant to hold up to being showered with fuel, I'm just saying that if you work with nitro enhanced fuels, you are bound to get residue (even small amounts) on the TX over time, that will eat away the paint.

I want to fix it though.... is there a way to get a set of the decals that go on the face of the radio so I can repaint it?

Vidhawas.... also be careful if you have to use insect repelant that contains Deet. In the summer we sometimes have to spray down with it, when the Mosquito hatch is on, and I know that deet is no friend to plastics, and possibly paint.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Glen Merritt

Sorry Capgains. No stickers are available for the evo cases.

Glen