Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse version update

Old 12-25-2006, 10:06 PM
SDR-Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse version update

Just doing a little reading on this forum and found out that newer Eclipse’s support ailevator programming.[sm=thumbup.gif]

I have an older Eclipse manufactured 01/02 using Version 12. Can this radio be updated to support this much desired function?

If so… How much? Where do I send it? And will this erase my settings?

Thank you in advance.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:34 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Eclipse version update

My understanding is the AILV function is not something we support and or are able to update with the Eclipse TX. I'll confirm same and report back.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:37 PM
SDR-Hammer

ORIGINAL: mglavin
My understanding is the AILV function is not something we support and or are able to update with the Eclipse TX. I'll confirm same and report back.
From another thread you mentioned and I quote:
“Some late model Eclipse TX’s inexplicably realized software changes and NOW offer a feature/function called out as “AILV”. AILV is a pre-programmed factory MIX with trims linked between channels. (AILV is not noted in the Eclipse manual; see the link below to the Optic 6 manual)"

If my Tx is reprogrammable to a newer software version to get the same unexplained benifit, if you will. I’m willing to pay to have that done.

Link to quoted thread
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5144896/tm.htm

Old 12-26-2006, 11:45 PM
mglavin

Hammer,

Yes, as I noted the AILV was “inexplicably realized”, not planned or so I'm informed.

I fully understand your desire for this feature, BUT I was also informed it was not something that could be updated with older TX's. As noted I’ll inquire for any recent information on same.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:32 PM
mglavin

I confirmed through Hitec Service that future release Eclipse TX's will not have the AILV function and its is not possible to update older units with same.

Unfortunately there are anomalies that exist and may surface under specific conditions with the Eclipse TX’s equipped with AILV functions; therefore the function is not supported. FWIW: The AILV function was realized by chance with the Eclipse TX, R&D was not performed to document the integrity thereof nor is it believed the anomalies can be resolved.

Customers with AILV that find fault may return their TX’s to Hitec to have the AILV function eliminated if so desired. There is NO charge for this service.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:30 PM
SDR-Hammer

Bummer! [&o]

Thank you for looking into this.