Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Revered trim on elevator

Old 12-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Revered trim on elevator

A friend of mine just got his Eclipse back from repair and now the elevator trim is reversed. Is this a function that can be corrected by programming? If not, what would cause this, is there a pot inside that got wired backwards or ????? thanks for any suggestions.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:06 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Revered trim on elevator

Rodney,

What work was performed on the TX? Sounds like a software anomaly. No, trim direction is not reversible via programming as far as I know. The trim lever is part of the gimbal assembly, when replaced as a unit it’s pre-wired by the vendor that said reversed wires are a possibility if the gimbal was replaced.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have another question. I have a very old Eclipse (came out before the manufacturer was incorporationg QPCM) with the Spectra module. It has given me years of very good service but; today, after it has been on quite awhile, it starts acting up. I swapped out Spectra Modules with my Prism (an even older workhorse that has given me excellent service) and the problem with the Eclipse persisted so I doubt if it is the module. I also have a Futaba transmitter on the same frequency I was using with the Eclipse, and all works fine if I switch to that transmitter. What is most confusing is that, most of the time it works well but, if left on long enough, the glitches start sending all the servos to their extreems or to oscillating over a large range of movement. Since this is an itermittent problem, I have reservations of sending it in for repair due to the difficulty in troubleshooting such problems. Any suggestions? I double checked for any battery problems and they were all up to snuff and show up good when cycling.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:04 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rodney

Was the Spectra module in play with the Futaba TX that tested OK? Possibly the Spectra module is in need of some attention.