Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Question glitches and 6 volts

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 05:14 PM
scottad
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question glitches and 6 volts

I am having some glitching problems on a new flight pack I just bought. I'm putting it in a dpultimate. I have not flown it just in setting up the travels... every once in a while the servo's just go nuts, all control surfaces deflecting up and down drastically. It will do this for about 5 seconds then return to normal. here is what I have done thus far, and hasnt helped yet.

Double checked all wiring and rerouted anything that looked suspect.

Pulled out the regulator and went back to a 4.8 system (I thought maybe the regulator was causing problems) Is a regulator neccessary, this is my first 6.0 volt system so I was just advised on one at my LHS?

I had one of the aileron servo's that was acting weird, you could go to full deflection and it would wave up and down very smoothly about 2mm. I pulled it out put another in and the wave went away.

I still have one aileron servo that has a bit of a tick to it. Usually right after it homes it will deflect up very slightly once, about 1mm. Just a quick tick and then returns to normal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Scott

Thanks
Scott
Old 03-10-2003, 10:07 AM
zippo

Can I also put in a request regarding glitching when using a 6v pack with 5945's. I don't run of a regulator and found serrious glitching. Swapped to a 4.8v pack and no signs of a problem.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:20 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

You should not need a regulator when running a 5 cell pack with our equipment. What receivers are you guys using?

Mike.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:35 AM
zippo

mines a futaba 8ch DC PPM on 35Mhz, Transmitter is a Royal EVO 9.