Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Linking Eclipse 7 QPCM 40Mhz to Focus FM 35Mhz. HELP PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Rocka_star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Linking Eclipse 7 QPCM 40Mhz to Focus FM 35Mhz. HELP PLEASE!!!

Hello everybody. I got newly purchased Eclipse 7 QPCM 40mhz with HPD-07RH Rx and old Hitec Focus 4 . Wanted to buddy link them. (Eclipse as a trainer TX) Bought trainer Cord (PN58310) , connect as told in instruction, turned on the Eclipse , push the trainer switch but Focus didnt control servos, thought Eclipse lose control when i push the trainer switch.(i suppose it tells that cord is working)But something might be about frequencies or /and Modulation ? PLZ HELP!!!! I am really noob!!!PLZ plz plz )
Old 08-17-2007, 08:07 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Linking Eclipse 7 QPCM 40Mhz to Focus FM 35Mhz. HELP PLEASE!!!

ORIGINAL: Rocka_star Hello everybody. I got newly purchased Eclipse 7 QPCM 40mhz with HPD-07RH Rx and old Hitec Focus 4 . Wanted to buddy link them. (Eclipse as a trainer TX) Bought trainer Cord (PN58310) , connect as told in instruction, turned on the Eclipse , push the trainer switch but Focus didnt control servos, thought Eclipse lose control when i push the trainer switch.(i suppose it tells that cord is working)But something might be about frequencies or /and Modulation ? PLZ HELP!!!! I am really noob!!!PLZ plz plz )
Eclipse and Optic 6 are the only TX which can drive the QPCM receivers. (New Optic Sport Optic Comparison Chart does not have a QPCM function). With Eclipse and Optic 6 modes changed to PPM and using a PPM (Single or Dual conversion RX) other Hitec or Futaba TX will also work as slaves but it is particularly important that the master and student transmitters are capable of the same functions. The reason for this is that the student only uses the RF section of the master. Any mixing, dual rates or other refinements are not carried over from the master to the student - an increasing number of Hitec and Futaba mixes, especially Heli, are not interchangeable.
Refer also to the answer to your post in preceding thread Dual rates on Focus 4 buddy box? further information at Discussion - Hitec Trainer (Buddy) System Update - New "Stereo Plug" system and how to use.
Regards
Alan T.
[link=http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/]Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links[/link]