Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

MPX Rhino problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Stegy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPX Rhino problems

Well, what to say, I have 4 dead MPX Rhino Digi 4 servos.

Simply dont know what else to do, 400€ throwed away...

EPA set correctly, all parts of steering moving freely...

There is something wrong with this servos, because here a lot of drivers are having problems with Rhino on steering loosing power and drop dead after few minutes.. And all on F1 cars....

Does anyone know some solution for this?
Old 09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MPX Rhino problems

ORIGINAL: Stegy Well, what to say, I have 4 dead MPX Rhino Digi 4 servos. Simply dont know what else to do, 400€ throwed away... EPA set correctly, all parts of steering moving freely... There is something wrong with this servos, because here a lot of drivers are having problems with Rhino on steering loosing power and drop dead after few minutes.. And all on F1 cars.... Does anyone know some solution for this?
What power supply, are NiMH, Nicads or Lipol batteries being used?
What voltage?
Are any receiver BEC or other regulator circuits in use?
There may be a simple explanation under "Glitches & Jitter in RX & Servo - causes and cures " and "Servo - alterations, calculators, repairs, make an ESC or winch & FAQ" on my web page.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 09-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Stegy

ORIGINAL: A.T.

What power supply, are NiMH, Nicads or Lipol batteries being used?
What voltage?
Are any receiver BEC or other regulator circuits in use?
There may be a simple explanation under "Glitches & Jitter in RX & Servo - causes and cures " and "Servo - alterations, calculators, repairs, make an ESC or winch & FAQ" on my web page.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
3 servos directly connected to receiver Spektrum Pro, battery GP NiMH sub-c 4300mAh 5 cell pack, with direct connection to receiver in batt port. Only Tamiya connectors on battery end and wire to receiver.
No BECs or regulators..simple....6V pack. 1 MPX Rhino for steering and 2 ACD 1015 servos for throttle and front brakes..
Old 09-26-2007, 11:52 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

I would suggest you contact Multiplex Germany's customer support. This is the same servo as the Hitec 5745MG but with a larger output shaft for strength. These servos have been proven to be among the best available for 1:5th racing in the touring cars but perfaps the F1's are putting more load on them?

It appears you are doing all the right things but if all the cars are having problems then a single servo may not be suitable; you may have to go to two for the steering.

Mike.