Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Elevon reversing on Flash 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 09:55 PM
bgerth
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Elevon reversing on Flash 4

I recently finished a delta foam aircraft with elevons. I enabled the elevon function. All looked good except that the ailron function is working in reverse of what it should. (Right stick gives left turn.) The elevator part works fine. otherwise I would have "flipped" the servo arms around to fix it. I disabled the elevon function and reversed each of the servos one at a time, then enabling the elevon function again. This didn't work (Down stick gives right turn), and I haven't been able to find anything in the manual about this. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:12 AM
A.T.

Default RE: Elevon reversing on Flash 4

ORIGINAL: bgerth I recently finished a delta foam aircraft with elevons. I enabled the elevon function. All looked good except that the ailron function is working in reverse of what it should. (Right stick gives left turn.) The elevator part works fine. otherwise I would have "flipped" the servo arms around to fix it. I disabled the elevon function and reversed each of the servos one at a time, then enabling the elevon function again. This didn't work (Down stick gives right turn), and I haven't been able to find anything in the manual about this. Any help would be appreciated.
Remove the two servo plugs from RX and re-insert into the opposite positions i.e. the one now in Ch 1 will be inserted into Ch 2 and the one in Ch 2 is to go into Ch 1.
Re-try with both reversing switches in the normal position. In need, as you did not mention which brand of servo, one or both servos may still need to be reversed. (NB: As Futaba servos operate in the reverse direction to Hitec servos, you cannot mix one Futaba and one Hitec servos on elevons or Vtail.)
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 09-25-2007, 09:12 AM
bgerth
My Feedback: (2)

I have done everything that you said, including reversing the servos again and it is working perfectly. Thank you very much.
Bernie
Old 10-07-2007, 04:38 PM
FrancisPerson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sir,

I have the identical problem. I have two Hitec HS45 servos (bare bones) that run in reverse when it comes to turning? Swapping chan1 and chan2 does not help; the servo output arms face in towards the fuselage. I have another plane where the servo output arms are facing away from the fuselage and it works fine (HS55 servos & red and yellow covering)

What can I do as it is not handy to move the servos. Can I reverse the red and black wires?

Thanks Francis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98460.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	778191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54031.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	778192  
Old 10-07-2007, 05:16 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: FrancisPerson Sir, I have the identical problem. I have two Hitec HS45 servos (bare bones) that run in reverse when it comes to turning? Swapping chan1 and chan2 does not help; the servo output arms face in towards the fuselage. I have another plane where the servo output arms are facing away from the fuselage and it works fine (HS55 servos & red and yellow covering) What can I do as it is not handy to move the servos. Can I reverse the red and black wires? Thanks Francis
Both servo arms facing toward the fuselage is mechanically similar to both facing away.
Whenever setting up elevons, with any transmitter or "V-Tail mixer", one must first plug and try. In need, reversing one servo reverse switch at a time and then both together. If elevonn mix is still not correct, swap servos plugs ch1 to ch2 and ch2 to ch1 and then try again reversing each servo reverse switch one at a time and then together. Any one of those combinations will be correct for the TX, RX and servos in use except where two different brands of servo, which are pre-set with different rotation directions, are in use e.g. Hitec & Futaba.
Never ever simply reverse the red and black wires on a servo unless you wish to release the magic smoke without which servos do not operate, refer to Servo - DIY Reverse Rotation
For further methods refer to "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" sub section "Servo - alterations, calculators, repairs, make an ESC or winch & FAQ" on my web page.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 10-07-2007, 05:26 PM
FrancisPerson

You Are The KING!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:01 PM
autoxfer

I just bought an rds8000 radio for my brand new ridge runner and have been stymied as to why I couldn't get the elevons to do what they're supposed to do. Climbing and diving would've been fine but my turns were reversed. I originally tried to just reverse one channel and then up/down made it turn left and right. After reading this I realized that I should reverse the other channel as well and wallah! it works. I appreciate everyone in this thread for making me able to sleep better tonight.

Daniel