Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

New HS-81

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:12 PM
madman75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New HS-81

I just got 2 HS-81 servos that I want to use as throttle servos on 50cc planes. I put one in my Yak with a DA50 and 6v supply. The servo wants to stagger a center every once in a while if it's cycled from end to end. I grabbed the other one, installed it and it does the same thing. One other thing I did notice, when power is applied to the RX the HS-81's will chatter-stagger for a few seconds and then stop and respond to input. Anybody have problems with these servos? Think I should check into sending them back or send them to Hitec for replacement?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:08 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: New HS-81

The HS-81's are really not appropriate for that application so it's hard to say if there is a problem or just the way they are. The HS-225BB is the smallest servo I would suggest in that application.

Mike.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:58 PM
madman75

I've heard of others using it on that size engine. The HS-81 has just as much torque as the S-148 Futaba that I'm using now. I wanted the speed of the HS-81. My Futaba is only around .22 where the 81 is .09. It shouldn't take 41 oz-in of torque to move the throttle. What gets me is when the RX is powered up with the TX on, the servo will stutter for a second or so before it responds to stick input. I have another HS-81 that I got a while ago and it doesn't behave like tiese two do. I have it for throttle on a K&B .65 and it works fine.
The thottle linkage takes very little effort to move it. Both servos only do it at center position.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:13 PM
kyliesgrampa
My Feedback: (42)

I just narrowed down my problem on my V-Bat to HS-81 servos not always finding the same center. I have tried all 4 HS 81s that I own and they hunt after stick is released. I tried a different receiver, different radio, different power pak, problem stopped with different servos. I wound up using the park zone digital servos to solve my problem, I had a couple around. I can't speak for all HS 81, they function well but not returning to same center got to be a pain. I did disassemble and try to clean everything I could, thinking maybe a dirty pot, but no difference.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:50 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe they don't like 6V?
Old 09-19-2010, 09:37 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Iwas wondering if anyone else had problems with the Hitec H81MG servo. I sure did. One is dead from the start, and another one has quit....it only moves in one direction. This is out of 4 Brand new ones. I am going to pack them all up & send them back for a good check-up. I am sick of throwing $$$ away. John