Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec HFS-05MS Receiver

Old 10-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Eendje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec HFS-05MS Receiver

I wonder if any one can offer advice. I usually fly using all Futaba equipment, about 6 months ago I purchased a Great Planes Fling to carry in my motor home to reduce with drawl pangs whilst away. The first rx I used was a Cirrus with micro Cirrus servos I was told by my club that it had only reduced range after having problems at height/distance.
I changed then to the Hitec HFS-05MS. With the antenna down the ground range is probably only 25 foot with the antenna extended it works ok but I don't trust the set up even though it has flown many many times. I have tried changing servos, a Sanwa t/x still only short range with the antenna down . Is the r/x duff. The range of my full size Futaba r/x's are very very good with the antenna down.

Cheers
Eendje
Old 10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec HFS-05MS Receiver

ORIGINAL: Eendje I wonder if any one can offer advice. I usually fly using all Futaba equipment, about 6 months ago I purchased a Great Planes Fling to carry in my motor home to reduce with drawl pangs whilst away. The first rx I used was a Cirrus with micro Cirrus servos I was told by my club that it had only reduced range after having problems at height/distance.
I changed then to the Hitec HFS-05MS. With the antenna down the ground range is probably only 25 foot with the antenna extended it works ok but I don't trust the set up even though it has flown many many times. I have tried changing servos, a Sanwa t/x still only short range with the antenna down . Is the r/x duff. The range of my full size Futaba r/x's are very very good with the antenna down. Cheers Eendje
Fling has been known to have range test problems with several brand of RX when antenna is routed down inside the C/F fuse. Are you using a genuine green tipped single conversion Hitec crystal? Some retailers in UK have advertised that Futaba crystals can be used in HFS-05MS / Micro 05S and other Hitec Receivers. That is quite incorrect as noted - Crystals - Swapping brands in RC Transmitters and Receivers.
TX On first (Off last). Computer type TX must be allowed to complete initialisation before modern RX which have auto gain or are PLL or IPD types are turned on to ensure optimum signal recognition.
In need, refer to "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" sub sections "Range check and Range problem solving" and "Receiver - FAQ, guides and aids to best reception" on my web page for more information.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 10-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Eendje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec HFS-05MS Receiver

Hi Alan
Before I start many thanks for your prompt reply. In answer to your mail the Xtal I am using is Futaba . The supplier did on his website state that the receiver was compatible to Futaba Xtals. Oh dear, Hitec here we come, I will also have a good read at your site to see what else I can glean.

I did think about the carbon fiber fuz and taped the antenna wire only at one point on it so to allow it to drop down. The antenna wire on the Hitec is also very short, so this may not help.

But yes ! carbon is a conductor.... hmmm. I wonder if others have problems then?. It still leaves me in the position where I dare not spek the model out in case it's the last time I see it!

I picked that model cos I can fit it into a locker in the Motor home, my other planes don't fit, should have known I would have "fun!!"

Cheers
Eendje