Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Digital Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 08:06 PM
RCFREAK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Digital Vibration

Hey Guys,

Im running Hitec 4x 5985's and 1x 5955, power supplied by 2x Fromeco 2600's going through a Fromeco Wolverine Switch into a fromeco regulator with the output set to 6 volts, with 3 power outputs to an XPS 10ch RX.

Ok here is the problem, when I move the sticks at a normal speed back and forth throughout the range of travel the servo vibrates, and makes the control surfaces vibrate as well. On the elevators its more apparent when using down travel, but it occurs throughout the entire range of movement. There is no binding anywhere, the links are free and easy, I have tried both servos the 5955 and 5985 on elevators and ailerons and the same vibration occurs.

This is a link to another forum which contains a video of me cycling the servo, please have a look and tell me what you think. Is it normal?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...89#post8592510
Old 11-26-2007, 02:51 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hitec Digital Vibration

It all looked perfectly normal to me.

Mike.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:59 PM
rcplanenut
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar thing, I have a 5955 on the rudder and 985(not 5985)'s on the elevators and ailerons. The 5955 makes the same humming noise, but it also makes the other servos jitter causing the elevators and ailerons to move. If this is normal than how will it affect the way it flys. I have tried isolating the 5955 from all others with the same results. I have also tried replacing it with another servo I had laying around(other brand servo, don't want to use the F word), hooked up to the same linkage and everything works fine.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:49 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

The high pitched humm is normal... The 5955 requires a strong power source so make sure you are using heavy duty extensions with a 5 cell unregulated NiMh for power or if you Lithium, at least a 10A regulator.

Mike.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:41 PM
rcplanenut
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Mike,
I know the humming is normal from digital servos, but what about the jittering of the other servos. I am running a Fromeco 2600 regulated to 6 volt and twisted H.D. servo extensions all the way around. I have similar set ups in other planes using digital servos with no jittering not to be confused with humming, because I understand and have seen/heard digital servos humming before. Yes this servo is humming but it's making the other servos jitter causing the other control surfaces to jitter( about 1/8" each direction several times per second). If I remove the 5955 from the set up the jittering stops. I have tried pluging the servo directly into the reciever(no extensions) makes no difference. If I plug a different servo into the set up everything works fine.
Jim