Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Flash 5 v-tail mix programming

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 08:40 PM
AndyL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flash 5 v-tail mix programming

Hi, I hope you can help me program my Hitec Flash 5 for a v-tail electric sailplane. I have a 6 channel Hitec rx that came with the transmitter.

I have ailerons in channels 1 and 5 and the tail surfaces in 2 and 4 and esc in 3. I have tried to mix 20% rudder into the ailerons, but the tail surfaces only move when the ailerons are activated in one direction. When the ailerons move in the other direction the tail surfaces don't move at all.

I have a similar problem when trying to mix elevator with spoilerons. Only one of the tail surfaces reacts to the mixing.

Any help you can give would be most appreciated. The rudder mixing really seems to help left turns so it would be nice to get it for right turns as well. Oh, I don't know if it's important, but I have channel 1 NOR and channels 2, 4 and 5 REV.

Thanks, Andy
Old 12-08-2007, 10:21 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flash 5 v-tail mix programming

ORIGINAL: AndyL Hi, I hope you can help me program my Hitec Flash 5 for a v-tail electric sailplane. I have a 6 channel Hitec rx that came with the transmitter. I have ailerons in channels 1 and 5 and the tail surfaces in 2 and 4 and esc in 3. I have tried to mix 20% rudder into the ailerons, but the tail surfaces only move when the ailerons are activated in one direction. When the ailerons move in the other direction the tail surfaces don't move at all.
I have a similar problem when trying to mix elevator with spoilerons. Only one of the tail surfaces reacts to the mixing. Any help you can give would be most appreciated. The rudder mixing really seems to help left turns so it would be nice to get it for right turns as well. Oh, I don't know if it's important, but I have channel 1 NOR and channels 2, 4 and 5 REV. Thanks, Andy
Explained under Hitec Flash 4 & 5 FAQ
( program the mix for left and right turns separately. Following instructions in manual sets the mix for a left turn. To program the mix for a right turn, you must hold the right stick to the right while in AIL-RUD setup. You will notice that the mix percentage changes to zero when you move the stick right, and back to the value for the left turn when you let go of the stick or hold it to the left. Set the right turn while holding the stick to the right.)
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 12-09-2007, 11:59 AM
AndyL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flash 5 v-tail mix programming

A.T., Thank you very much! It took five seconds and I'm all set. I hope to visit New Zealand some day.