Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Servo Matching?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 06:34 PM
AirTech
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Matching?

I am using a pair of HS-635HB servos for elevators on a 25% Edge 540. I am using a JR 9303 transmitter with SPCM receiver and the servos are hooked up via multi-point mixer on channels 3 and 7 (Aux2).

In the past I have been able to match (very close) each elevator halves using the linearity adjustment function without the need of using any type of matchbox. In this case there is one servo with about some 15 degrees less travel at maximum UP deflection and 15 extra degrees in the other direction. Obviously this servo centering is way out.

My question is; is there any mechanical or electrical adjustment that one can perform on a Hitec analog servo to adjust centering?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:48 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Servo Matching?

The first thing to do is make sure that both servos horns are at 90 degrees and that the linkages are symetrical. Use the sub trim to fine tune this. Then use the EPA for each channel to match the travel.

Mike.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:39 PM
AirTech

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

The first thing to do is make sure that both servos horns are at 90 degrees and that the linkages are symetrical. Use the sub trim to fine tune this. Then use the EPA for each channel to match the travel.

Mike.
Mike thank you for the advice,

I will re-check the horns and the linkages once more. The problem is I need to get 45 degrees both ways and I'm only getting 37 degrees in one direction and 42 degrees on the other in one of the two servos. I was thinking on using 1,25" arms but I wonder if the HS-635HB's can handle the additional mechanical load. What's your opinion?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:59 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

A longer horn will get you more travel at the cost of resolution. You will also be puting more load on the servo gears. I would have used a metal geared servo in this application but if the AUW is less than 12lbs you should be okay with the 635's with the 1.25" horn.

Mike
Old 02-05-2008, 02:09 PM
AirTech

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

A longer horn will get you more travel at the cost of resolution. You will also be puting more load on the servo gears. I would have used a metal geared servo in this application but if the AUW is less than 12lbs you should be okay with the 635's with the 1.25" horn.

Mike
Mike,

If the 635's with 1.25" arms are good up to 12lb. models I'm going to bite the bullet and purchase a pair of 6635's. A friend can lend me his programmer so I can match them and get over this problem. Thank you very much for your prompt response.