Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec servos with a DX3r radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Maxime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec servos with a DX3r radio

Hello,

Is there an incompatibility between the HS-65mg and the DX3r radio? I'm trying to setup 2 different RC18s with two different DX3r, and the servos both randomly start buzzing and when it happens they don't follow the radio's inputs. It happens especially when giving very fast steering inputs. I am not yet familiar with this radio ( don't own one...), but I noticed that there is a frame rate adjustment in the menu, it can be set to 5.5, 11, and 16.5ms. Right now it is set to 11. Can you help me with this problem? There is absolutely no binding in the linkages and the servos are mounted properly without binding the servo cases.

Thank you!
Old 02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hitec servos with a DX3r radio

I've not heard of any issues like this... it may just be normal as it is not uncommon for the servos to occationally buzz.

Mike.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Maxime

Well the "Buzz" was more than just a "buzz", it was a totally uncontrolled "buzz" that sent the rc18s directly into the wall.

However, we set the frame rate to 16.5ms, and no more problems with three similar systems ( DX3r with HS-65mg servos. ESCs are different though, a Tekin, a LRP and a Mamba 25).

Hopefully this will help other people too.

Thank you!
Old 02-08-2008, 02:11 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the info. Perhaps the lower settings are for use with digital servos only.

Mike.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:08 PM
TheSteve

Mike,

The DX3R comes from the factory with a 91hz frame rate. This appears to be too much for several Hitec servos(and some servos from other companies as well) The solution is as the original poster mentioned - change the frame rate to 16.5ms (60 hz frame rate) then the servos will be fine.
I think you can expect to get this question a few times in the coming months.