Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Super Hitec Service!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 03:35 PM
1bwana1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Hitec Service!

We all read enough threads complaining about service and support from different manufacturers. I thought I would report on some great service I just got from Hitec. Since I use a lot of Hitec digital servos in my planes, I bought their servo programmer just over a year ago. I have become dependant on the programming capabilities of the Hitec Servos to set my planes up the way I like them. So, when my programmer took a dive on me I sent it off to them for repair. Today I received a box from them. The invoice inside had a one line comment saying, "uneconomical to repair". To say I was disappointed would be an understatement, I thought I would now have to buy a new programmer. I called Hitec to ask some questions on why they were not willing to repair this item. The rep quickly looked up my repair information on their obviously up to date service program, and asked why I was upset. He said that at no charge, they had replaced my old programmer with the newest version of the programmer, that is also capable of working with their new high resolution servos. They didn't mention this on the packing invoice, and I hadn't looked at the box, assuming it was my old, dead programmer.

Service like this is one reason I buy Hitec. I think they deserve to be recognized by the community for such outstanding customer care.

-Steve-
Old 04-11-2008, 04:34 PM
crashcrash

Default RE: Super Hitec Service!

Add another happy camper to the list. I sent my eclipse 7 in. It was brand new and recieved as a combo on a LOGO 10 in January and hadn't touched it previous. I went to program it on a heli-max MX-400, and the throttle stick and throttle trim were inoperative....wow, frustrating. I contacted Mike Mayberry, he said send it in, so I did. A few weeks went buy, I didn't even think about it...mentally wrote it off as a loss. On the 8th of April, there's a box and I wasn't expecting one. It was the Eclipse 7 with an invoice of repair, they had replaced the throttle gimbal and the trim switch and it works fine now. I haven't installed the Eclipse 7 in the MX-400 yet, but I will. I'm pleased with Mike Mayberry and the entire staff at Hi-Tec RCD, and my sincere thanks to them for a job well done. Even though I haven't used the Eclipse 7 yet, it has many options that were appealing to me and it's not real tough to program and supports 2 or more swashes which opens doors and I'm no longer limited to the 120deg CCPM and I don't know if the DX7 has that capability. I currently use a DX6, it has the inherient problems on the CCPM side that I have read about, but it's annoying, not destructive. I chose the Eclipse 7 for the reason that I'm not really trusting Spektrum because of the DX6 and I don't know anything about the Futaba 6EXH.

Bottom line.....Hi-Tec RCD stands behind their products and you can take that to the bank.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:15 PM
beenie
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Super Hitec Service!

Another happy customer. I dropped my Eclipse on its head and it hit on the antenna. This broke the RF board. It was replaced free of charge. I sent some other stuff for repair and checking out and am very happy with the service.
Ben