Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7 - servos don't move

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 04:12 AM
HornetFitter
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 - servos don't move

I just bought a HiTec Eclipse 7 RX and HFD-08 RD RX with all the servos from a hobby shop that was consigning it for someone.
I got it home and installed everything in my project J-3 Cub and Nada nothin' ZIP!
When I turn on the RX, the servos jump once and die.
If I turn on the TX first, same thing. I have no movement on any servos after the initial jump.
I went thru the manual and erased all the last owners presets in the memory, but I have no action.

I even switched the shift and tried the Tx on my Alpha 60 with a JR RX and same thing. Nothing in the movement department.
THe only anomaly is the voltage reads 15.5 when it is on. (I tried the battery pack from my JR TX just to verify it was not actually 15.5vdc.)

Any thoughts? I hope I did not get screwed on the deal....
THank you in advance!
Old 04-24-2008, 04:50 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Eclipse 7 - servos don't move

ORIGINAL: HornetFitter I just bought a HiTec Eclipse 7 RX and HFD-08 RD RX with all the servos from a hobby shop that was consigning it for someone. <snip> THe only anomaly is the voltage reads 15.5 when it is on. (I tried the battery pack from my JR TX just to verify it was not actually 15.5vdc.) Any thoughts? I hope I did not get screwed on the deal.... THank you in advance!
Did you not test the gear at time of purchase and/or prior to installation into the model?
The over voltage typically indicates that the battery has been unplugged and then reconnected with the polarity reversed. Despite keyway on plug, plug can be forced incorrectly into TX, two components burn out and TX will not transmit.
Hitec Service Information and Service Form
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Brendan Lugo

The 15.5 volts displayed onthe screen indicates that the battery polarity has been reversed. At the least, this damages both the 324 and 4066 IC. At worst, it damages the main board and the entire board has to be replaced. In eather case the radio will have to be sent in for service.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:22 PM
HornetFitter
My Feedback: (2)

THanks very much for the fast replies!
When the fellow at the hobby shop was showing me the radio, he removed the battery from the TX to show me that it was a bigger one than factory. THen he put it back in. I never had it out, but I bet they screw me over on it! I bought a 80" Cub, Saito engine, a whole pile of supplies and this radio system that they had consigned to them....
Nevertheless, I sent it back to them with the assurance that they would make good on the deal.
We'll see I suppose!

Would the repairs be expensive?