Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS-475HB flutter w/ servo reverser

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Grrrrrumpy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS-475HB flutter w/ servo reverser

I have a new 27% Extra 260 with HS-475HB servos mounted in the horizontals to operate the elevators.
Since they face each other, I'm using a y-harness with a servo reverser.
Also using a Futaba 6EX 6-channel 2.4GHz radio with the R607FS 7-channel receiver & NiMH 6V 4200mAH battery.
I tried plugging servo reverser y-harness into the receiver located under the wing and run leads back to the servos.
Then I tried connecting the y-harness at rear of plane to the servos and ran single lead up to receiver. Neither works.
The one servo starts quivering, then starts to rotate the right elevator downward. It doesn't happen immediately, usually
takes 20-30 seconds, then starts rotating the elevator downward, about an inch at first, then almost full to 45 degree angle.
It does this indoors, outdoors, with the radio near, with it 50 yards away, with the battery fully charged, not fully charged.
I dont use connectors, I solder everything. I'm using speaker wire which is a little heavier for my leads.
It is approximately 45" from my receiver to the elevator's Y-harness. I do not have excessive wire in my leads.
Do I need more power to the jittery servo? If so, how does one hook this up?

Radio is less than a year old. The servos, y-harness and receiver are new.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HS-475HB flutter w/ servo reverser

What brand of servo reverser?
Had similar issues with another brand until I learnt some servo reversers are not compatible with PCM systems and found only one could be used with more than 5.0V.
Miracle Y won't work on 6 volts. Why? may assist.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 07-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Grrrrrumpy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HS-475HB flutter w/ servo reverser

It's a Hobbico servo reverser (HCAM 2000). This is not a PCM but a Futaba 6 channel 2.4
Hitec suggested I put the servo reverser at the tail of the plane & run a single set of wires forward to the
receiver.
That did not work either. I simply cannot take a chance with this so I bought a Futaba 7C 2.4 radio on eBay
that will allow me to plug each elevator servo in a different channel and slave them to together.
I'm just not going to take any chances.