Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Multiplex Products- 2.4 Ghz

Old 02-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Gill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Products- 2.4 Ghz

Mike,

I just downloaded the latest Multiplex Catalog and am really excited about the 2.4 conversion stuff for my MC4000. When and where can I get the products? And how do I find prices?

Old 02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Gill

Default RE: Multiplex Products- 2.4 Ghz

Mike,

For starters, it looks like I would need some of the following part numbers, priced and availability ,to make the MC4000 conversion:

HFM3 M-LINK 2.4 GHz RF module #4 5610
13/16-channel expansion unit for
PROFI mc 3000/4000 #7 5810
Assortedprop control & switches #7 5719
#7 5740
#7 5741
#7 5742
#7 5743
2.4 GHz receiver RX-7-DR M-LINK #5 5811
RX-9-DR M-LINK #5 5812
RX-9- DR pro M-LINK #5 6813
RX-12-DR pro M-LINK #5 5814
RX-16-DR pro M-LINK #5 5815

Mike, it would be very handy to be able to have all the items in the 2009 catalog priced.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

These were just anounced so there is no specific delivery date as of yet; most likely mid summer.

No manufacture will list prices in a catalog unless they sell direct to the consumer. You have to shop around on the dealers websites to find them.

Mike.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Sean_kriegler

Hi Guys,
Multiplex reckons they will ship in July, hopefully they are on time because I will be in Germany in July. Regarding the pricing, they seem to be pretty much inline with the existing 35mhz (in my case), have a look here for a rough pricing guide.
[link=http://www.der-schweighofer.at/wg/45/multiplex/1?l=en]click here[/link]

I can't wait, my Evo has been upgraded to M-PCM and I have been waiting for this. and with 16 Proportional channels Multiplex is once again ahead of the curve with telemetry sensors.
Cheers Sean
Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 PM
carlbecker
My Feedback: (3)

Mike do you have any news about 2.4 for the MC 4000?
Old 01-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Brendan Lugo

There won't be anything in the US unless you hack a existing 2.4 module to the 4000 like what was done with the Evo.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Sean_kriegler

Hi Guys, Living in Africa, teaches you one thing... not to wait, and make a plan. So That said, just import the module from Europe, it's 120Eur, and it' doesn't need any modifications to suit the 4000. The only difference, between the European on and the US one would probably be the TX output, and European pushes out 100milliwhatever and the US 700milliwhatever. In South Africa we run the European Standard and not in 18 years of using MPX has this not been enough range, 1.5 miles of it. There is no difference on the RX's at all. Just my 2c worth, but I must say I love my 2.4ghz
Old 02-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Brendan Lugo

There won't be anything in the US unless you hack a existing 2.4 module to the 4000 like what was done with the Evo.

That brings up one more thing for the "wish list".

Fact: There will be no Multiplex 2.4ghz modules available in the US... ever.
Fact: The hack installing the Aurora 9-channel 2.4ghz module appears to be a workable solution.
Fact: If you have a 12-channel radio (Evo12), then you bought 12-channel capability but lose it by installing the Aurora 2.4ghz module.
Fact: Even IF Multiplex were to certify their 2.4ghz modules for the U.S. market, a person using it would also have to use the proprietary Multiplex receivers as well.

So Mike Mayberry, let's put this on the wish list so that you can make all of us Evo12 owners not feel like we've been abandoned:
I'm guessing that there may soon be a 12-channel Aurora for the simple reasons that the existing A-9 could easily handle more channels, and there is definitely a market for it.
So, the wish is to get the darn thing out as soon as possible so that we Evo12 owners can install an honest to goodness 12-channel, 2.4ghz module in our Evo12's.
This would even be more advantageous than us using a Multiplex module, because not only would we be able to continue to use all 12 channels of our Evo12's, but we'd be able (have to) use the Hitec recievers (of which you would introduce a 12 channel model to match the 12 channel Aurora-12).

I've ordered and will have an Aurora-9 in a couple of weeks, but I will continue to use my Evo12 on 72mhz so that I don't have to throw away all that good mhz stuff. But there will come a time when I'll want to go to 2.4ghz exclusively, and a 12 channel Aurora 12 module for the Evo12 would be a no-brainer.

So throw us a bone here... am I thinking along the right track for what may soon be?
Old 02-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Brendan Lugo

With any of our products, our goal has always been to get it to market for our customers in a timley manner but to not sacrifice quality in doing so. Sometimes it does take longer than estimated to do so but thats only because we try to have the best working equipment at the price to deliver to you guys.
There are plans for a Aurora with more channels but past that I do not have a time frame as to when it would be comming to market.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:51 PM
hoops
My Feedback: (121)

What about the Spektrum 12 Channel conversion currently available in limited supply. There a uTube demo of the installation into an Evo unit. The video indicates there is a conversion for the MC4000 that is included in the kit as well. The only issue I saw was the potential conflict with a newer software upgrade. Royal Pro vs. Evo

The current market price is around $340 with a 12 channel Spektrum receiver.

Has anyone seen this one in use yet?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:05 PM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

I have one which seems to work fine. Seeing as how I just bought a Futaba 2.4 I might be interested in selling it.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: hoops

What about the Spektrum 12 Channel conversion currently available in limited supply. There a uTube demo of the installation into an Evo unit. The video indicates there is a conversion for the MC4000 that is included in the kit as well. The only issue I saw was the potential conflict with a newer software upgrade. Royal Pro vs. Evo

The current market price is around $340 with a 12 channel Spektrum receiver.

Has anyone seen this one in use yet?
That looks like the best option yet for the US market because it appears to allow full use of all 12 channels of the Evo 12.

It's because that other conversions make you lose some channels that I've held off with mine.

On the other hand, they force you to pay for a $200, 12-channel receiver with the conversion kit. Since the conversion costs $340 total, that means that the conversion module itself would run only about $140 which would make it a no-brainer.
The thing is, I don't use my 12 channel EVO to operate 12 moving surfaces, I use it for the mix capabilities of multiple channels. So while I may someday "need" a 12-channel RX, I sure don't now, and I would buy the Spektrum conversion kit in a heartbeat if it were a reasonable $140 without the receiver.
As it is, I'm not ready to spend the same amount of money that I could spend on a complete, new TX.

Too bad. Horizon "almost" had me.