Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec HS-7955TG hum

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Edgefinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec HS-7955TG hum

Hey guys, I put a couple of the Hitec HS-7955TG servos on a areoworks 50cc plane. The radio is a Spectrum DX7. With the radio sticks in the nutral position{elev} both servos will hum. I have checked the linkage and there is no binding. I first thought it might be interference so I moved everything to another room. Same problem. I took the linkage lose and there was still some intermiten hum but not as bad. If you put your finger on the servo arm with hardley no pressure just light touch it will hum like crazyYou can move the plane around tilt it in different directions and you can get it to go away. I tried this with some jr DS821's and no problem.I have never run into this before and was wondering if anyone can give some advice.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Nogyro
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Hitec HS-7955TG hum

I just installed a set of 7955's, and they do make more noise at idle than compared to the 5955's. The 7955's are a high resolution servo, so this is part of it. When I changed the dead band setting from 1 to 2, much of the buzzing went away. They still center dead on in my Extra. The 5955's come preset with a 2 dead band I believe. I really don't think it's anything to be concerned about. It's just the servo trying to maintain neutral with the weight of the control surface pushing against it.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:46 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

We call it "The sound of precision!"

Mike.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Mr. Mugen

Roger that! Anything that tries to stay centered that many times per second is definatley precision. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-22-2010, 10:48 AM
rcmario
My Feedback: (2)

I have the same problem is there a solution for this and How do you change the dead band setting

Thank you
Old 01-23-2010, 02:18 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

You can change the deadband with the HPP-21 or HFP-20 programmer. However, it's not a problem as you indicate... it's the nature of the beast due to the high refresh rate.

Mike.