Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Aurora 9 Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:56 AM
aa2dd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Aurora 9 Question

not knowing squat about 2.4 or the Aurora 9, I have a question. assuming several planes, each with their own receiver. Do I need to bind every time i change planes, or will the Aurora 9 bind with several receivers at once, so that when I change planes, I power up and go!? Do not know if this makes sense, but I am wondering about this point.

aa2dd
Bruce
Old 12-11-2009, 11:18 AM
jeffy

Default RE: Hitec Aurora 9 Question

once you bind a receiver it should and will stay binded when you change planes
Old 01-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Syssa Aircraft

I'm very interested in the Aurora...and just have a couple questions...hope you can help!

Does it have something like model match to prevent flying the wrong model?

How long to link when you turn on the TX and RX?

Can 6.6 A123 can be used with no regulator?

Will the low battery feature work (telemetry) on an A123 battery on the RX? (I guess it would have to have a mah counter in it to work if it did)

Does it physically balance with the strap? (unlike another 2.4 TX which I wont mention, where they sell you an additional piece for $15.00 to fix their design problem - they should have put some weight in it at least to balance it.)

Is the coupon for another free 7 channel rx and one for $39.00 good with any purchase...even if you get 2 receivers when you buy the Aurora?

Can you slow the servos down on the TX?

When do you think the telemetry items will be available for tach, airspeed, egt, etc. and how much will they be?

Thanks and bunch!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:35 PM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

in the quote

ORIGINAL: tsyssa

I'm very interested in the Aurora...and just have a couple questions...hope you can help!
I'll give it a shot

Does it have something like model match to prevent flying the wrong model?

When you turn the Aurora on it will ask you if you want to transmit or not ( ie. 72 mhg safety when the module comes out ). At the same time it will show the selected model.

How long to link when you turn on the TX and RX?

In the Normal mode it is almost instantly. In scan mode it will scan all of the 2.4 channels to determine the most "clean" and this process takes a couple of seconds.

Can 6.6 A123 can be used with no regulator?

Yes

Will the low battery feature work (telemetry) on an A123 battery on the RX? (I guess it would have to have a mah counter in it to work if it did)

No, since A123s don't show much voltage degredation till they are GONE.

Does it physically balance with the strap? (unlike another 2.4 TX which I wont mention, where they sell you an additional piece for $15.00 to fix their design problem - they should have put some weight in it at least to balance it.)

No, needs a "balance fitting" like most others.

Is the coupon for another free 7 channel rx and one for $39.00 good with any purchase...even if you get 2 receivers when you buy the Aurora?

Not sure about the coupon time period. It is a US only thing by the US distributor.

Can you slow the servos down on the TX?

Yes, not speed em up. I want one of your engines!

When do you think the telemetry items will be available for tach, airspeed, egt, etc. and how much will they be?

Don't know, I want one of your engines![8D]

Thanks and bunch!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:14 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: aa2dd not knowing squat about 2.4 or the Aurora 9, I have a question. assuming several planes, each with their own receiver. Do I need to bind every time i change planes, or will the Aurora 9 bind with several receivers at once, so that when I change planes, I power up and go!? Do not know if this makes sense, but I am wondering about this point. aa2dd Bruce
Further to post #4, please refer to full list:
Aurora A9 - FAQ- Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips, (includes Spectra Pro and Optima RX features) . {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links