Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora Range CheckPower Down Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:01 PM
JCOKEEFE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aurora Range CheckPower Down Problem

When I attempt to use the range check/power down function, as described on page 20 of the Aurora 9 manual,
the sequence of events do not occur as described. I have followed the guidelines twice and the end result is
that the radio goes from the Normal mode to the Scan mode.

Has anyone else experienced this? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:13 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora Range CheckPower Down Problem

ORIGINAL: JCOKEEFE When I attempt to use the range check/power down function, as described on page 20 of the Aurora 9 manual,
the sequence of events do not occur as described. I have followed the guidelines twice and the end result is
that the radio goes from the Normal mode to the Scan mode. Has anyone else experienced this? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any assistance.
Appears you are depressing the buttonto long asPower Down mode passed to enter the change Transmission type mode.
Please refer to AFHSS - Power Down - Procedure for Normal Mode & Scan Mode for Range Check.

"POWER DOWN - NORMAL MODE & SCAN Mode for Range Check.
[refer Aurora Manual (page 20 ) under "Set-up and Use of the Hitec 2.4GHz System"
5. Range Check Function for full details]
1. Turn on Transmitter and receiver and establish link.
2. Press the button on the module for <3 seconds, at first beep (red LED will go out if in Normal Mode and both LED will go out if in Scan mode), release button and then both the blue and red LEDs will turn start Flashing with continuous beeping.
The <90-second countdown starts from the time button is released until beeping stops and the LED remain lit without flashing.
3. Walk away from the secured aircraft carrying the transmitter to a distance of approx. 100 feet (30 m), testing the effective range.To exit the power-down mode before the 90 seconds, press the button again to escape.
4. If FAIL-SAFE is deactivated, the FAIL-SAFE position settings are also deleted.

"3. Normal / Scan Mode - Switch:
Press and hold the Spectra Pro Module button for <six button="" the="" release="" are="" beeps="" continuous="" two="" once="" seconds.=""></six>(Refer Module LED Status Indicator attached to link above.)"

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Beej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aurora Range CheckPower Down Problem

Hi A.T. and others,

I know this is a rather old post but thought I would add something in here. I have just had exactly the same problem and the "fix" is as A.T. described. Now, I read my instruction booklet carefully and I'm a reasonably smart person so why did I have a problem? Simple, the instruction book (p20) says hold the module button for "3 seconds" (then things will happen...). As per A.T.'s advice what it should read is hold the button "for LESS than 3 seconds". Actually, these few words make a very big difference- if you think you have to hold the button for three seconds you just keep holding it looking for action and indeed what happens is that you move into Scan mode.

Be nice to update the instruction booklet!

Hope this helps others and thanks to A.T..

best

beej