Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Brendan, Mike, help with a HPP-21

Old 02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brendan, Mike, help with a HPP-21

hi there guys, i have some questions on the HPP-21, i know this products is made to work with all the manufacturers but i read on forums and saw today on my servos something interesting. I center my servos (7955) and set the end points, etc. When i plug in rx, i see that the centering change a bit, need to get back again an correct that little amount then plug again in my Futaba 6014 rx. Isaw some people saying that this happens in Jr and Futaba radios, with Hitec tx/rx there is no problem.

Is there any way that i can avoid this?. Iknow the HFP works different cause you have plug the rx too. So if you can tell me some advice it will be great. I love this little toy.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Brendan Lugo

Default RE: Brendan, Mike, help with a HPP-21

The programmer sets your center at 1500 and the end points at 900 and 2100 (pulse width/milliseconds). You see a slight difference in what you set because your radios center and end point pulse is slightly different than this. You will have to play with the settings a little to compensate for this when you program the servo.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:59 AM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

do you recommend me to do on my TX after i do with the programer-servo. Or fix the diffrence with the hpp21

thanks.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:18 PM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

First, I don't have one of these yet. It is on my list. But, If setting up on the 21 and then having to "re-calibrate" to match my TX it would take some of the fun and ease out of the experience. I can see a need for the product and wonder if this procedure would hellp.

If the TX center is different from the HP-21, then wouldn't you find the difference and program the center/endpoints and etc from what the TX is really using for center. What could make the issue more interesting is the fact that all channels might be using a different center pulse width. That would require using a "Book" to keep up with the difference from each channel. As long as the TX doesn't change, this method might work.

Am I thinking anywhere near what should be done?
Old 02-19-2010, 11:15 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Simply use sub-trim to center the servo to offset TX electro-mechanical anomalies. Sub-trims don't use up pulse-width like trims do.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:50 AM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

That's a relief. Thanks