Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Spectra 2.4 module upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 11:39 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec Spectra 2.4 module upgrade

ORIGINAL: vasek Hi Mike, any plans for Hitec to expand their capability to more than 9ch? I would be a taker for a JR Spektra module but would like 12 ch capability. Or is that too much to ask?
question answered associated forum

Alan T.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:38 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That does not answer my question if Hitec plans on expanding their system to more than 9 channels someday. It states tho the module does NOT control any channels... does that mean IF Hitec comes out with a 12ch rx someday and the "old" module is mounted in a 12ch Tx all 12 ch would work?

thanks
ORIGINAL: A.T.

ORIGINAL: vasek Hi Mike, any plans for Hitec to expand their capability to more than 9ch? I would be a taker for a JR Spektra module but would like 12 ch capability. Or is that too much to ask?
question answered associated forum

Alan T.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:01 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: vasek That does not answer my question if Hitec plans on expanding their system to more than 9 channels someday. It states tho the module does NOT control any channels... does that mean IF Hitec comes out with a 12ch rx someday and the "old" module is mounted in a 12ch Tx all 12 ch would work? thanks
As shown with the examples given previously, RF modules do not differentiate between a 5,6, 7, 8, 9 or a 10 channel plus Transmitter. The channels being operated are controlled by the TX not the module.
Spectra ProManual quote:
"5. Compatible Transmitters
- The Spectra 2.4GHz module and antenna can be used with the following Hitec transmitt
Eclipse 7, Optic 6, Aurora 9 and all future Hitec module-type transmitters.
- In all cases, any transmitter using the Spectra 2.4GHz module will be compatible only with Hitec AFHSS 2.4GHz series receivers."

This notwithstanding that in due course a higher end Hitec transmitter and receivermay require an amended module to cope with anynew/extra as yet unknown features.

Alan T.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:12 AM
highfly3D

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when will the Spektra JR module be available.. any idea?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:51 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: highfly3D when will the Spektra JR module be available.. any idea?
Due for release early 2011, after FCC requirements completed.

Spectra 2.4J Module - Telemetry Module for JR Transmitters. NB: 3 different types = Universal, Japan & France - update Nov10.

Alan T.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:58 AM
ncpiperpilot
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Yes, the Hitec Spectra 2.4Ghz module is compatible with any Futaba radio that uses the same size module. Also be aware that we offer the standard module (wired antenna that replaces the standard antenna in the same mounting location) with (2) 7Ch RX's for $129.99. However, the ''Promo'' module will be better if you plan to switch back and forth between 2.4Ghz and 72Mhz because the antenna is hard mounted onto the back of the module. But I guess if you send in your only 72Mhz module you won't be doing that now, will you?!?!?

Mike.
I know I am reviving an old forum entry, but I saw that there appears that there "was" a Hitec 2.4 module that has an integrated antenna at one time. I have Futaba 8U Super radios and would like to continue to use 72MHz while I migrate to 2.4 (lots of planes/helis). The integrated antenna on a 2.4 module would be preferable...STILL AVAILABLE?????

Bill