Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Trouble with brand new Optic 6

Old 03-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Pyronaught

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with brand new Optic 6

Ijust bought an Optic 6 radio system and it doesn't seem to work. Iturn on the receiver, then turn on the radio and both of them have the red LEDlight indicating normal mode. Transmitter battery reads 11.1 vots. However, moving the sticks does nothing. No servo movement at all. There is no troubleshooting chart of any kind in any of the documentation for the radio and receiver, nor is there anything on the hitecrcd.com website that is helpful with this problem. Iwould think just powering this thing up like any other radio would put it in a functional state, but if there is some other step Ihave to take it sure isn't obvious from reading the manual! If Ijust turn the receiver on before the transmitter then the servos jump, so the receiver is outputting a servo signal. It just doesn't seem to be getting anythingfrom the transmitter. Do Ihave a broken unit here? Does it have to be programmed before it wil do anything at all? What's up with the total lack of any troubleshooting guide?

-Kyle

Old 03-31-2010, 05:56 PM
mainbeam225
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Trouble with brand new Optic 6

Saauming that your receiver is kan Optima 7 try the following procedure, to link the transmitter to the receiver

1. Press and hold the boton on the module, turn on the transmitter then release the botton. The RED led will flash while it is searching for the receiver
2. Press and hold the button on the receiver, turn on the receiver, RED let is on solid, release the button on the receiver. Solid red and blue led emits indicate it is linked with the module.
3. Solid red LED and blinking blue LED on the module indicate when the linking process is completed
4. Turn off the receiver then the transmitter
5. Turn on the transmitter, red LED is solid on the module
6. Turn on the receiver, red LED is solid, after a moment, when both module and receiver connedt, module will beep 4 times rapidly.
7. You sholud now have control over the model as the transmitter module and the receiver are linked in normal mode.

From the Hitec Spectra 2.4 GHz module instruction manual.

RH
Old 03-31-2010, 07:14 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Pyronaught Ijust bought an Optic 6 radio system and it doesn't seem to work. Iturn on the receiver, then turn on the radio and both of them have the red LEDlight indicating normal mode. Transmitter battery reads 11.1 vots. However, moving the sticks does nothing. No servo movement at all. There is no troubleshooting chart of any kind in any of the documentation for the radio and receiver, nor is there anything on the hitecrcd.com website that is helpful with this problem. Iwould think just powering this thing up like any other radio would put it in a functional state, but if there is some other step Ihave to take it sure isn't obvious from reading the manual! If Ijust turn the receiver on before the transmitter then the servos jump, so the receiver is outputting a servo signal. It just doesn't seem to be getting anythingfrom the transmitter. Do Ihave a broken unit here? Does it have to be programmed before it wil do anything at all? What's up with the total lack of any troubleshooting guide? -Kyle
Which model Optic 6 2.4Ghz or Optic 6 Sport 2.4Ghz?
Hitec Aircraft Transmitters

Using ESC/BEC or 4.8/6v battery pack? Either way appears the RX requires rebinding.
AFHSS - ID-Setup A.K.A, binding or linking Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver
Optima RX - Servo Wag When RX Turned On Reason & Prevention of Servo Wag (especially when switching on some ESC).
LED Status Card. Digital .pdf copy which can be printed and inserted as a page in manual or extra cards made.

further FAQ on the Spectra ProModule &Optima Receivers answered'
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 04-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Brendan Lugo

Also remember that the transmitter always has to be turned ON first and OFF last.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Pyronaught

The soution was the link procedure posted by mainbeam225.  I actually found this in one of seperate single-page documents after posting this message yesterday.  This critical step should really be located front-and-center in the main user manual, not folded up in some seperate piece of paper.   Even after reading the transmitter module document the first time I came away with the impression that the Tx and Rx were already linked at the factory.  The only reason I even tried it was because I thought maybe it didn't get done by mistake.  The product looks great, but I find the documentation to be lacking.  A simple trouble shooting table could have led me to the solution very quickly.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:33 AM
ereis8

when I turn ON my optic 6 radio the two led´s of the OPTIMA 7 TX( RED and BLUE) stay always on. What can i do to resolve the problem. I cant make the pair with the OPTIMA 7 receiver because the red led don´t blink.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:24 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ereis8 when I turn ON my optic 6 radio the two led´s of the OPTIMA 7 TX( RED and BLUE) stay always on. What can i do to resolve the problem. I cant make the pair with the OPTIMA 7 receiver because the red led don´t blink.
Appears you have held the buttom down to long and entered scan mode.
Try reset to Normal mode and re-link as per
AFHSS - ID-Setup A.K.A, binding or linking & Range Testing Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver
AFHSS - Normal & Scan Modes Explained includes Redundant (Dual) Receivers.
AFHSS - How To Select Optimum Channels - For Your Field

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links