Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optima receiver power consumption and a HUGE thanks to Mike Mayberry

Old 04-11-2010, 02:00 PM
EdgewordMI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optima receiver power consumption and a HUGE thanks to Mike Mayberry

First a huge kudos to Mike Mayberry for doing a great job at his symposium at the Toledo Show on Saturday. Lots of great information! What I failed to ask: What is the power consumption on the Optima receiver only? When using a battery on the SPC location, can we us a small 6.0v 500 Mah battery reliably for several flights, maybe 4 or 5 ten minute flights before recharging? A pack containing the Sanyo KR-600 cells or such? I have several planes with nose weight that can be removed, and to me this would be a great way to avoid "brown outs".
Old 04-11-2010, 03:20 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Optima receiver power consumption and a HUGE thanks to Mike Mayberry

ORIGINAL: EdgewordMI First a huge kudos to Mike Mayberry for doing a great job at his symposium at the Toledo Show on Saturday. Lots of great information! What I failed to ask: What is the power consumption on the Optima receiver only? When using a battery on the SPC location, can we us a small 6.0v 500 Mah battery reliably for several flights, maybe 4 or 5 ten minute flights before recharging? A pack containing the Sanyo KR-600 cells or such? I have several planes with nose weight that can be removed, and to me this would be a great way to avoid "brown outs".
A number of users are using a 2S Lipol to power the RX.
Optima RX - SPC Cable for Optima RX & Use Of SPC Detailed.
Optima specs:
Optima 9 Receiver,
Size: 1.85 x 1.12 x 0.44" (48 x 28.5 x 15.3mm)
Weight: 0.77oz (22g)
Operating Voltage: 4.8 - 7.4V from RX battery or ESC power
4.8 - 35V using SPC function
Max Current Drain: 190mA (6,7 &9 with full telemetry)
Optima 6 Receiver
Dimensions: 46mm x 21.4mm x 12.1mm (1.8"x0.84"x0.48")
Weight: 15g (0.52oz)
Operating Voltage: 4.8-7.4V from receiver battery power or ESC
4.8-35V using SPC function
Max Current Consumption: 190mA (6,7 &9 with full telemetry)

Q. Will the Optima 6 rx have the same lock-out immunity as the Optima 7? Also will the battery drain be less? Some measurements (on the Hand Launch Forum) have shown that the O7 draws 86 mA while a Spektrum Ar 6250 draws about 46 mA.
A. All the Optima RX's use the same RF board. The higher draw is due to the two way comunication.

Optima RX - Multiple Batteries may be installed Dual batteries for redundancy or even one for each servo.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links