Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Now what - part 2

Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM
jauguston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now what - part 2

I hadn't looked at my other two helis that have the same receivers. I amglad I looked.

This is my 500 with a total of 4batteries since new. There looks like maybeONEstrand of wire left holding it together!

This is my other 450. This looks like it might bethe upgraded antenna. I will watch it real close. It has the most flights of all, about a dozen.

Jim
Old 04-15-2010, 03:54 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Now what - part 2

If only the outer sheath is broken and not the wire inside then you can just add the shoe goo and you'll be fine.

Mike.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:42 PM
jauguston

Mike,

I touched it-just touched it and it fell on the floor!! Four batteries flown on the 500 is not good. Three flights on the 450 is worse. Has a recall been issued. This seems like a very dangerous potential for personal injury.

Tech support by phonesaid the replacement antennas are in very short supply and there are MANY requests for replacements. What are the chances on my getting replacements for the two that fell apart in a timely manner?

Is there any truth to a rumor there is going to be a shipment of receivers for the coupon orders arriving by the end of the week?

Jim
Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 PM
MikeMayberry

Agreed... we will be posting something on our website about the shoe goo mod shortly for those that didn't see it here. It seems like the Heli is a little harsher on it; especially since its in the rotor wash.

We'll figure something out so not to leave you hanging. I'll pull antenna's off my personal RX's if need be!

Yes, they just arrived and should start shipping shortly.

Mike.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:39 AM
jauguston

Mike,

Looking at what is happening to mine should support be extended to the little wire.? As you say the environment where it is located is pretty harsh. I don't see any really better locations as where it is now is about as far from the Motor and ESC as it can be. If I extended the plastic antenna support tube a little and slid a 1/4" long piece of fuel tubing over the little wire and the tubein the center of it that should absorb a lot of the vibration. What do you think?

Jim
Old 04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
MikeMayberry

You really don't need to be that concerned with placement... if you can fit it inside the canopy that may be better.

Mike.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:28 PM
jauguston

I just got a e-mail from the service department asking me to send in the antennas for "evaluation". I wrote back no problem as soon asI have new ones to put back in the receivers when I take them apart.I also sent them the same picturesI posted here. I certainly hope they won't hold up sending the replacement antennas until after their evaluation. That would not make me happy.

I found a lady jeweler here in town that was able to laser weld the piece that fell on my shop floor back on. I Sho-Gooed it and will use it in a RC tug boat until I get a proper antenna. I will never fly with the repaired antenna although it range tested over 200'.The other receiver wire was lost in the yard.
Jim