Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Question about repair

Old 04-23-2010, 11:06 PM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about repair

Ive got a laser 6 I need to send in due to buying a battery with reversed leads. So battery was plugged in backwards and now it does nothing, so I am planning on sending it in, my only question is how much would it be to fix, and I dont have a credit card, so would it be possible to just send enough cash in the box to cover it? I believe its under warranty but I dont have a receipt so im assuming im s.o.l on that one. Any help would be appriciated
Old 04-23-2010, 11:16 PM
mainbeam225

Default RE: Question about repair

Go ahead and send it in. Hitec will evaluate it and give you a call telling you the cost, if any if it's still under warranty. Then you can send them a postal money order for the exact amount. They often don't charge for repairs, the're pretty good that way.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:32 AM
skater_719

would it be a good idea to put like a 20 in there if I don't want to wait for them to tell me the price and then wait for them to get the cash? I imagine I have to pay for return shipping.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:17 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: skater_719 Ive got a laser 6 I need to send in due to buying a battery with reversed leads. So battery was plugged in backwards and now it does nothing, so I am planning on sending it in, my only question is how much would it be to fix, and I dont have a credit card, so would it be possible to just send enough cash in the box to cover it? I believe its under warranty but I dont have a receipt so im assuming im s.o.l on that one. Any help would be appriciated
Suggest you contact Hitec service centre by phone/email direct as damage caused by inserting a battery with polarity reversed is not covered by warranty for any known appliance:
Hitec Warranty & Service
Service Form
If battery was advertised and sold with a genuine Hitec plug but with reversed leads, then should not any claim for reimbursement and repair cost be lodged with retailer from whom defective pack was purchased?
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Brendan Lugo

Depending on how severe the damage to the radio is by the reversed polarity of the battery it could be anywhere from $15- $50. We wont know until we check it out.