Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS 65MG question

Old 05-01-2010, 07:10 PM
vtcornercarver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS 65MG question

Hi, I just finished assembling my Extreme RC extra 300 exp. I have always been a JR pilot, since the mid 80s, and years of pattern, but this 3D ARF recommended the HS 65 MG servos so I bought them. My problem is that the elevator servo doesn't have enough power to deflect the elevator, with the extended servo arm that they provided with the ARF, even though there is NO binding anywhere, ball link on the elevator horn and ez link on the servo. short (maybe 3") carbon pushrod, servo mounted in the tail. Basically the servo won't push the horn, it just stalls. It is brand new, and when I removed the servo arm extension it was able to move to full up and down, but not as much as the airplane mfg recommends. Other people have said their same servo can hancle the extra long arm but mine just won't do it. as I said, there is no binding in the hinges or any interference in the set up. Any suggestions?

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43458 here is a link to the web build article.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:00 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HS 65MG question

ORIGINAL: vtcornercarver Hi, I just finished assembling my Extreme RC extra 300 exp. I have always been a JR pilot, since the mid 80s, and years of pattern, but this 3D ARF recommended the HS 65 MG servos so I bought them. My problem is that the elevator servo doesn't have enough power to deflect the elevator, with the extended servo arm that they provided with the ARF, even though there is NO binding anywhere, ball link on the elevator horn and ez link on the servo. short (maybe 3") carbon pushrod, servo mounted in the tail. Basically the servo won't push the horn, it just stalls. It is brand new, and when I removed the servo arm extension it was able to move to full up and down, but not as much as the airplane mfg recommends. Other people have said their same servo can hancle the extra long arm but mine just won't do it. as I said, there is no binding in the hinges or any interference in the set up. Any suggestions?
http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43458 here is a link to the web build article.
1. Without any rod attached, does elevator fall easily to down position if held and let go from both top and level position? i.e hinges are in a straight line & free. Many ARF do have hinges out ofline or overly hardCyano hinges which need pre-flexing. (type not known - your link is not working). Later found on search and comment 4 re-inforced.
2. Is an extention lead in use? try direct link to RX to ensure extention lead, even if new, is not faulty.
2. Is set up being done with just receiver and separate battery pack? if so,is it at least an AApack and fully charged?
3. If ESC/BEC is being used for the set up,
Electronic Speed Control - Why BEC and LVC cause most EP RX problems may answer question.
4. I am surprised the HS-65MG is recommended as an elevator servo for a model of that size as per spec sheet attached.
see alsoHitec 5065MG servo x 2 quit working

Otherwise suggestcontact Hitec Warranty & Service direct.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fd92054.pdf (407.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-01-2010, 11:48 PM
vtcornercarver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HS 65MG question

ORIGINAL: A.T.

ORIGINAL: vtcornercarver Hi, I just finished assembling my Extreme RC extra 300 exp. I have always been a JR pilot, since the mid 80s, and years of pattern, but this 3D ARF recommended the HS 65 MG servos so I bought them. My problem is that the elevator servo doesn't have enough power to deflect the elevator, with the extended servo arm that they provided with the ARF, even though there is NO binding anywhere, ball link on the elevator horn and ez link on the servo. short (maybe 3'') carbon pushrod, servo mounted in the tail. Basically the servo won't push the horn, it just stalls. It is brand new, and when I removed the servo arm extension it was able to move to full up and down, but not as much as the airplane mfg recommends. Other people have said their same servo can hancle the extra long arm but mine just won't do it. as I said, there is no binding in the hinges or any interference in the set up. Any suggestions?
1. Without any rod attached, does elevator fall easily to down position if held and let go from both top and level position? i.e hinges are in a straight line & free. Many ARF do have hinges out of line or overly hard Cyano hinges which need pre-flexing. (type not known - your link is not working). Later found on search and comment 4 re-inforced.
2. Is an extention lead in use? try direct link to RX to ensure extention lead, even if new, is not faulty.
2. Is set up being done with just receiver and separate battery pack? if so, is it at least an AA pack and fully charged?
3. If ESC/BEC is being used for the set up,
Electronic Speed Control - Why BEC and LVC cause most EP RX problems may answer question.
4. I am surprised the HS-65MG is recommended as an elevator servo for a model of that size as per spec sheet attached.
see also Hitec 5065MG servo x 2 quit working

Otherwise suggest contact Hitec Warranty & Service direct.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Hi, yes the elevator with no linkage attached moves very freely. I have fairly small CA hinges that were pre flexed before gluing, and it moves very easily. when the linkage is installed to the servo, using the extended arm, I can move the servo by hand when the radio is off, and get major surface deflection, but with radio on, it doesn't have the strength to push/pull it to full travel. I find it interesting that many owners of this high end ARF are using the 65mg with no issues. I guess I will have to buy a stronger servo to use the extended arm to get the full throw.