Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HPD-O7RH Reciever

Old 05-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPD-O7RH Reciever

Hi I have a quick question concerning the Hitec HPD-O7RH reciever, I have been using the Hitec Eclipse 7 radio with the spectrum module in 72 MHZ and decided to try out a PCM for a change. The reciever works great with no problems but one, I can't seem to get it to take the failsafe. I followed the addendum sheet to the letter several times and still nothing works right. I moved the servos to where I want in case of a issue,push both the menu buttons at onceand hear the double beep. shut the transmitter off then back once and twice to be sure. With the transmitter on moved the controls surfaces off center and then cut the transmitter power and I get nothing. However I do get something that is rather strange upon turning the transmitter back on, the surfaces will not recenter themselfs unless I move the sticks. With the failsafe off this does not happen the surfaces go back to the centered places when power is restored to the transmitter.
I have a couple of other radios with failsafe recievers and none of them act like this, they go to where you had the servos set to go in case of a power glitch or outage, Or in case of a outage the servos go to the preset condition.
Do all the servos need to be Hitec in order for this to operate or does it matter?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Richard.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Brendan Lugo

Default RE: HPD-O7RH Reciever

I just double checked the setup for the failsafe against the addendum and the receiver/failsafe setup is working how it's supposed to. I turn the radio off and the servo goes to the failsafe position, turn the radio back on and it moves back to center. We can take a look at your particular radio and receiver to trouble shoot more if you want to send it in.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: HPD-O7RH Reciever

The reciever is new out of the box so I would doubt there is any problem with it, but you never know. The radio I have had for a few years now but its worked flawless on 72MHZ with all type of recievers. Futaba, JR and even the Berg 7 with failsafe. I will go over it one more time just to make sure I did it correctly, as I want a failsafe on this plane mainly due to the size and the gas engine.
Thanks for the info.
One more item, where do I go to see what version of radio do I have I seen that listed in there but didn't see how to get to it.