Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Linking Hitec Aurora 9 with Reflex XTR Sim

Old 05-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Whirligig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Linking Hitec Aurora 9 with Reflex XTR Sim

Hi,

I'm trying to get my Aurora 9 to work with my simulator, the Reflex XTR. I have the 1/8 inch phono jack, cable, and interface that works with my old JR 8103. I've asked MRC (Model Rectifier Corp) if this interface will work with the Aurora 9 and they said it will. So far I haven't been successful.

What I've done so far is this. Set up a model on the transmitter just for the sim. Activate the trainer mode and assigned it to a switch. I would bring up the sim, plug the cable and interface to the radio, turn it on, and then startup a flight and I get a message that the transmitter is off, please turn it on. The transmitter was on but I'm wondering if there is any output signal coming from the trainer port. I'm reluctant to bring up my osciloscope to find out. Am I missing something in setting up the transmitter to operate this sim?

BTW, this is a fantastic radio. I've been buying receivers left and right and at this rate, I may not need the Spectra FM module. But, I'm still looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Whirligig
Old 05-14-2010, 12:37 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Linking Hitec Aurora 9 with Reflex XTR Sim

ORIGINAL: Whirligig Hi, I'm trying to get my Aurora 9 to work with my simulator, the Reflex XTR. I have the 1/8 inch phono jack, cable, and interface that works with my old JR 8103. I've asked MRC (Model Rectifier Corp) if this interface will work with the Aurora 9 and they said it will. So far I haven't been successful. What I've done so far is this. Set up a model on the transmitter just for the sim. Activate the trainer mode and assigned it to a switch. I would bring up the sim, plug the cable and interface to the radio, turn it on, and then startup a flight and I get a message that the transmitter is off, please turn it on. The transmitter was on but I'm wondering if there is any output signal coming from the trainer port. I'm reluctant to bring up my osciloscope to find out. Am I missing something in setting up the transmitter to operate this sim? BTW, this is a fantastic radio. I've been buying receivers left and right and at this rate, I may not need the Spectra FM module. But, I'm still looking forward to it. Thanks, Whirligig
Aurora - Simulator function Set-up

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 05-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Whirligig

Alan,

Thanks, it worked! With the sim cable plugged to the back, I was able to see the Multi I/O menu which allowed me to select the T.pupil. After that, I started the sim and I was off and running. It's clever how the Multi I/O menu only shows up on startup when the cable is plugged in. When it is not, I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Whirligig
Old 07-14-2010, 08:07 AM
sandra.mike

Hi

I've had a Reflex Xtr sim for two or three years which worked really well on a Windows XP computer and a a JR transmitter. I haven't used the the sim for about a year, but I've decided to enter the world of model Helicopters and I thought I would uise the sim to help me in the early stages. Unfortunatewly I've recently upgraded my computer with Windows 7 aqnd I cannot install the Reflex Xtr sim on it, however hard I try. I've also tried looking at the german weebsite for help but that site appears to be almost non existant. Does anyone have the same problem with this software. I have tried installing it using the compatibilty mode but to no avail. Help mplease.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:03 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sandra.mike Hi I've had a Reflex Xtr sim for two or three years which worked really well on a Windows XP computer and a a JR transmitter. I haven't used the the sim for about a year, but I've decided to enter the world of model Helicopters and I thought I would uise the sim to help me in the early stages. Unfortunatewly I've recently upgraded my computer with Windows 7 aqnd I cannot install the Reflex Xtr sim on it, however hard I try. I've also tried looking at the german weebsite for help but that site appears to be almost non existant. Does anyone have the same problem with this software. I have tried installing it using the compatibilty mode but to no avail. Help mplease.
Quote from a post on another forum dated 02Nov09 "Full text of letter from Reflex:

1. Please check your product about the minimum requirement mentioned on the
packaging. If you feel a difference to what it says and what you are claiming,
please feel free to revise your mail and ask in a different manner.
2. Sorry to say that my crystal ball back in 2003 didn't tell me sufficiently
about Bill Gates intention to change the installation routine in a product
brought to the market some years later. Please rise a claim with the crystal
ball manufacturer.
3. In fact, your product WOULD work nicely under Vista if you would be a little
more clever in circumventing the Vista installation instructions.
4. So even IF my crystal ball would have worked nicely and IF you would know a
little better on how to circumvent Vista, I still don't see any obligation to
work on your claim as I can't see a contract between you and me, providing a
solution for all the future fancy products coming from Microsoft. You may as
well claim functionality for Android, why not? In fact, I can't even see a
purchase from you, so you may as well have one of these chinese copies in the
market.
5. I'm a little irritated why you are claiming " the goods not being of
merchandisable quality nor fit for the purpose for which they were intended." As
far as I can remember, the product was described to work with Windows XP, 98, ME
and SE. You are telling me that it doens't work under these operating systems?
That will be very hard to prove as I may have about 150.000 customers in abt. 82
countries telling different stories. But still, you are free to raise whatever
claim you may wish to present.
5.b. I am not responsible for your change in operating system. I did not cash
any fees for your change and I didn't sell your Vista package. Just in case
there is a open issue here to come up to a later date.
6. I'm not offering the Reflex XTR anymore.
7. If a third party company is asking LST 50 for an upgrade, why don't you raise
the claim with them? As far as I can see, I didn't ask you for LST 50. So you
are blaiming me for LST 50 asked by another company? Just in case the question
arised to a later date, I am NOT responsible for the repair bill of your car
dealer even if I live in the EU and may use the same fuel you are using.
8. Just a side remark, it would have been nice to know the version you are
having which brings us back to no. 1.

Best regards
Reflex Products
Wolfgang S. Nitschmann
Offenauer Weg 19
25335 Bokholt-Hanredder
Germany
Tel.:+49 (0)4121 700800
-Ursprüngliche Nachricht-
Von: jon ryan [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2009 11:21
An: Nitschmann Wolfgang
Betreff: Enquiry from WSN Aero "

Suggest "User control rights is what you want to uncheck in Vista. W7 has a similar feature for those using that OS that needs to be turned off (uncheck the box). " = control panel > user accounts > change user account control settings. (Windows 7 64bit - user account control set on the second setting from the bottom.)

Aurora - Simulator function Set-up

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links