Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

hitec 422 servo installation

Old 05-31-2010, 10:18 AM
rkels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec 422 servo installation

I'm assembling a Sky Raider Mach 1 and have purchased (4) 422 servos, which came with brass ferrules I would call them, and isolation grommets. There are no installation instructions and I am wondering how I use these addtional parts, or do I just mount the servos directly.
Thanks for any help!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:29 AM
JIMF14D

Default RE: hitec 422 servo installation

YES! Especially if it is glow or gas model as they tend to creat lots of vibration.

Not sure what Hitec provided exactly but you press the little rubber "grommet" thing into the end of the servo tab/holes. You then press the brass insert into the rubber holes.

Put the servo in place and drill the holes. Some people harden the holes with a little CA glue. I do not.

Install the screws provided with washer type heads. Tighten the screws so that things are litely snug but so that the rubber gromment is not compressed as it is providing the vibration isolation.

Have fun!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:40 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also, the little brass eyelets should be installed from the bottom side, with the flange against your mounting rails. That way the screws don't force the sharp edge of the eyelet to cut into your wood mounting, and end up squashing the grommets too much.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:32 PM
rkels

That all makes sense, thank you very much!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:07 AM
haisanjafri

we bought this model. which engine you are using? we are thinking to install OS 35AX in it instead of 46LA (doesnt idle very good) Or 46AX (seems over powered for this model). please suggest?