Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 and Optima 9

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Godhelper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 and Optima 9

Hi guys,

I noticed that I can control all my planes installed with the Optima 9 receiver with my Aurora 9 without changing model ??
Is this correct? Am I wrong in knowing that even with the DX7 this is not possible?
Then I must be able to control the other planes at the flying field as well? - I dont understand this...

So far I have been really impressed with my new Hitec gear but this worries me, that I can actually take off a plane programmed for another model?
Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong - I have binded the Tx and Rx's according to the manual and it worked fine.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 and Optima 9

ORIGINAL: Godhelper Hi guys, I noticed that I can control all my planes installed with the Optima 9 receiver with my Aurora 9 without changing model ?? Is this correct? Am I wrong in knowing that even with the DX7 this is not possible? Then I must be able to control the other planes at the flying field as well? - I dont understand this... So far I have been really impressed with my new Hitec gear but this worries me, that I can actually take off a plane programmed for another model? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong - I have binded the Tx and Rx's according to the manual and it worked fine.
This is correct if your AFHSS 2.4Ghz system is bound in Normal Mode. Normal mode permits several receivers, which have been bound to the sameTX using AFHSSto be used in one model. No effect on other models not linked to the same TX.
The Aurora does not start transmitting until user has confirmed the correct model is in use, the name of which is well visible on the start up screen. (Model match as usedon DX7 issubjectto copyright/patent and has own drawbacks outlined in previous discussions).

AFHSS - Normal & Scan Modes Explained includes Redundant (Dual) Receivers.
AFHSS - ID-Setup A.K.A, binding or linking & Range Testing Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver
AFHSS - How To Select Optimum Channels - For Your Field

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 06-22-2010, 04:59 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What exactly are these "drawbacks" to the model match feature that the DX7 has?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Godhelper

Thanks Alan,

Unbelieveable fast as always

I'm exited to know the drawbacks of the DX 7's model-matching as well?

Old 06-22-2010, 05:19 PM
JIMF14D

You must have a special version. Did you set each model up with a new name or just use the generic TX name for each.

Jim D
Old 06-22-2010, 05:39 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: fizzwater2 What exactly are these "drawbacks" to the model match feature that the DX7 has?
A hole in Spektrum Model Match - Sort of an example of Model Match drawbackon file. Perhaps not DX7 specific, but Web searchbrings up related threads with comments aboutpairing Model MatchRX or swapping between models and not resetting properly to new model.A good system but still subjectto user awareness, which the Aurora offers with the start up Model Name /frequency confirm for 72mhzscreen.
A system similar to Model Match has been requested/discussed/recorded for a future firmware update at
Aurora A9 - Software Wish List Thread

Alan T.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Godhelper

Hi Jim,

No it's another Model name and not copied from another model.

Thanks again Alan for Your swift replies! So, what You are saying that model-matching is not possible in Normal mode, but is it in Scan mode, or is this just due to the scanning principle?
I must subscribe to the Hitec support forum wish list thread and look out for the software update then? Will that eventually result in change of receivers or are they "updateable" too?
Maybe You cannot answer as this is still on the wish list......

Thanks for all Your help guys!

Old 06-23-2010, 05:03 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Godhelper Hi Jim, No it's another Model name and not copied from another model. Thanks again Alan for Your swift replies! So, what You are saying that model-matching is not possible in Normal mode, but is it in Scan mode, or is this just due to the scanning principle?
I must subscribe to the Hitec support forum wish list thread and look out for the software update then? Will that eventually result in change of receivers or are they "updateable" too? Maybe You cannot answer as this is still on the wish list...... Thanks for all Your help guys!
Negative. If in Scan mode, the Aurora locks to one receiver, you cannot use two RX's at the same time for redundancy .
Better than Model match in that when user relinks whenswapping between models, no lost/forgottenBind Pluge.g.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=16
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=17

Recommended reading/viewing recent additions to FAQ page:
Aurora A9 - Radio System Review RC Groups - By Mike Llewellyn
Aurora A9 - Helicopter Set Up - Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Review Tips and how-To Videos - much will also assist other disciplines.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 06-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Godhelper

Awesome! Thanks m8
Old 07-08-2010, 04:57 PM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

Once you bind the Optima rx you never have to rebind it as long as you dont run the tx in scan mode. So you can have 10 Optima rx's and the tx will bind to them all once you do the initial bind in normal mode.
I dont have a bunch of planes so when I go to a new field I will run scan mode just to give the tx a chance to do wider scan for that location. Then go back to normal mode for flying.
The Aurora 9 is a very simple straight forward system to bind.