Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 Optima 7 receiver Install

Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 PM
gchdavid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 Optima 7 receiver Install

Hello,

I am not new to flying R/C, I've been doing it for decades...however, I am a complete newbie when it comes to 2.4 systems...

I just got my Aurora 9 to replace my JR XP7202 and I am wondering something might sound stupid but is not...what the heck do I do with that little antennae coming out of the receiver?

The reason I ask is because the airplane this is going into is a GP Escapade which has a tube to run the FM/PCM antennae but the Optima 7 receiver antennae has a big thick thing hanging a few inches in from the tip and it wont let it fit inside the antennae tube. I don't have much space in there to route this so I want to know if it matters how, where or in what direction the antennae is secured inside the aircraft or if proximity to the battery, servo wires or anything else matters.

Thanks in advance and excuse my ignorance.

Best regards,

Chris
Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 Optima 7 receiver Install

ORIGINAL: gchdavid Hello, I am not new to flying R/C, I've been doing it for decades...however, I am a complete newbie when it comes to 2.4 systems... I just got my Aurora 9 to replace my JR XP7202 and I am wondering something might sound stupid but is not...what the heck do I do with that little antennae coming out of the receiver? The reason I ask is because the airplane this is going into is a GP Escapade which has a tube to run the FM/PCM antennae but the Optima 7 receiver antennae has a big thick thing hanging a few inches in from the tip and it wont let it fit inside the antennae tube. I don't have much space in there to route this so I want to know if it matters how, where or in what direction the antennae is secured inside the aircraft or if proximity to the battery, servo wires or anything else matters. Thanks in advance and excuse my ignorance.
Best regards, Chris
Problemson my GP Escapade ARF/ Glow existing thread with many photos. If same model then the tube is for old PPM/FM RX, 2.4GHz rx with small antenna would not use tube. Simply install the antenna using the supplied BODA holder, out of the way of moving parts, within the fuselage e.g.
Aurora A9 - Giant Scale set up Brandon Chitty's 42% Aeroworks Yak - Video presentation of set up..
Other examples
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Installation RX, BODA Antenna & Range Test Results. {Regularily Updated with Q&A}
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Independent Comprehensive Range Test "The Hitec system worked as well as any I have tested and better than most. It performed better than the Futaba FASST, the Airtronics, the XPS and the JR low end receivers. It performed at least as good as my reference receiver, the JR AR7000."
moreat Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links