Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Faulty Eclipse 7 no stick control

Old 06-28-2010, 01:38 PM
freightdog1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty Eclipse 7 no stick control

I have an Eclipse 7 with a Spektrum 2.4GHz module that I use with a small slope model. I was going to fly it today but when I switched on there was no response from the model so I initially thought it needed re-binding, but that made no difference. On closer inspection it appears that the sticks have stopped working. The trims work ok and flap knob. I had it set up in flaperon with 100% Elevator to Flap coupling and was working fine last week. Also after trying to reset the programming I now can't get the E-F coupling to work no matter where the Flt Mode and Flt Cond switches are.

I have tried it with different batteries and the original FM module and receiver and the problem persists. I'm just wondering if I have done something daft before I send it off?

Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 06-28-2010, 03:21 PM
JIMF14D

Default RE: Faulty Eclipse 7 no stick control

Both sticks in each axis do not work all of sudden? Very hard to believe. Maybe go through what you did again in setup.
Jim D.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:16 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: freightdog1 I have an Eclipse 7 with a Spektrum 2.4GHz module that I use with a small slope model. I was going to fly it today but when I switched on there was no response from the model so I initially thought it needed re-binding, but that made no difference. On closer inspection it appears that the sticks have stopped working. The trims work ok and flap knob. I had it set up in flaperon with 100% Elevator to Flap coupling and was working fine last week. Also after trying to reset the programming I now can't get the E-F coupling to work no matter where the Flt Mode and Flt Cond switches are.I have tried it with different batteries and the original FM module and receiver and the problem persists. I'm just wondering if I have done something daft before I send it off? Any ideas? Thanks
The trims are electronic, separate from the sticks. Whilst it probablya fault, such as a broken wire, crack on the board (finally opened from a knock even weeks ago) or a component has died may be the cause,checkno button is stuck downandtry a different model memory.
Otherwise suggest direct contact: Hitec Warranty & Service

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 06-29-2010, 08:04 AM
freightdog1

<meta charset="utf-8" />Well I've had a quick look inside and can't see any mechanical fault or loose/broken wires. I have tried several memories and nothing. I haven't dropped it recently but I have just put a new battery in it that was reading 15.5v, not sure if that fried something? Is there any way of doing a 'hard' reset on the whole tx that might get it going again?
Thanks for you replies anyway guys.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: freightdog1

I have an Eclipse 7 with a Spektrum 2.4GHz module that I use with a small slope model. I was going to fly it today but when I switched on there was no response from the model so I initially thought it needed re-binding, but that made no difference. On closer inspection it appears that the sticks have stopped working. The trims work ok and flap knob. I had it set up in flaperon with 100% Elevator to Flap coupling and was working fine last week. Also after trying to reset the programming I now can't get the E-F coupling to work no matter where the Flt Mode and Flt Cond switches are.

I have tried it with different batteries and the original FM module and receiver and the problem persists. I'm just wondering if I have done something daft before I send it off?

Any ideas?
Thanks

You will need to contact the distributor in your area for service.
Amerang
44-193-765496
[email protected]
Old 06-29-2010, 12:22 PM
JIMF14D

Wow for many years Ihave never seen my Eclipse 7s display read anywhere near 15volts!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:39 PM
freightdog1

I thought as much. Thanks for you help.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:15 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: freightdog1 Well I've had a quick look inside and can't see any mechanical fault or loose/broken wires. I have tried several memories and nothing. I haven't dropped it recently but I have just put a new battery in it that was reading 15.5v, not sure if that fried something? Is there any way of doing a 'hard' reset on the whole tx that might get it going again? Thanks for you replies anyway guys.
Pity the high voltage was not mentioned earlier and regret your domicile overlooked thus wrong service center advised.
Brendan's post #5 is correct.
15.5v confirms battery polarity has been reversed andboth the 324 and 4066 IC damaged. At worst,the entire main board is damaged and has to be replaced. In either case the radio will have to be sent in for service.

Alan T.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: freightdog1

<meta charset=''utf-8'' />Well I've had a quick look inside and can't see any mechanical fault or loose/broken wires. I have tried several memories and nothing. I haven't dropped it recently but I have just put a new battery in it that was reading 15.5v, not sure if that fried something? Is there any way of doing a 'hard' reset on the whole tx that might get it going again?
Thanks for you replies anyway guys.
15.5 volts means you have reversed the battery polarity. At the minimum this will take out 2 IC's and at worst the main board would have to be replaced in the radio.