Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Just looking for confirmation about LIFESource batteries

Old 07-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Bill Rademacher
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just looking for confirmation about LIFESource batteries

I had an issue with a new scale FW 190 at the field last night.

Two new HITEC 475HBs caught on fire shortly after I turned the plane on. Rudder and elevator servos. I was using a LIFE source battery, freshly charged at 1 amp. I am thinking it was too much for the servo?

This is in a plane using a DX7 system with an AR7000 receiver.

A small square transistor thingy in the middle of the circuit boards went south to meltdownville.

After I got home, the next day this is what I found:

LIFE Source battery voltage 6.6v

I hooked up the servos to a servo driver and a 5 cell nimh. Flame on just the same.

It seems a little diode in the middle on the circuit board is the thing heating up.

The wing seems fine, but I have 475hb’s and 322hd’s on flaps there. May change them out to be safe. I ordered them at the same time.

Throttle is a 311 and seems fine too.

However, the HS-81 on the retract valve was cooked as well.

Very weird. I may use a voltage regulator anyway, even though the lifesource batteries say in plain print no regulator needed.

I have never had any failures of any kind from HITEC gear, and I use plenty for years. Trans, receivers, servos, etc.

So, I am guessing I cooked them? Is the LIFEsource battery pushing too much voltage right after charge?

thanks

Billrad
Old 07-01-2010, 01:34 PM
arobatx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just looking for confirmation about LIFESource batteries

***removed post...just now realized this is a manufacturer support forum ***