Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Replacement BODA antennas

Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 AM
rwithey
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement BODA antennas

Is there a source for purchasing replacement BODA antennas?

I had a little incident where the "whisker" on one of my Optima 9 BODA antennas got smushed pretty bad - it doesn't look broke, but don't want to risk it.

I have dug around all over the internet and cannot find a source to buy the antenna. They unplug off the receiver board, so they are replaceable.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 07-26-2010, 05:29 AM
JIMF14D

Default RE: Replacement BODA antennas

Call or contact www.hitecrcd.com. They will probably give you a new one or at low cost.The are very low cost on repairs. You will never find a Boda online I think because the RXs are so new.
Jim D
Old 07-29-2010, 01:43 AM
rwithey

So far no answer from Hitec in this Hitec ""Radio Manufacturer Direct Support Forums" and no answer to the email sent to the "Customer Service & Repair" link on the Hitec web site.

I guess I will have to try to call them when I have a day off during the work week.

Rob
Old 07-29-2010, 09:29 PM
rwithey

I received an email today from Hitec Support today - they are sending me replacement antennas.

I have heard of Hitec's legendary support - now I am a believer too!

Thanks Hitec - I think it's time to sell the Futaba 10CHP I am using the Hitec 2.4 module in and buy the Aurora 9.

Rob
Old 07-30-2010, 06:13 AM
JIMF14D

Prices are coming down. One on Ebay for $330 with 7 chan rx. If you decide to buy look at Tom's RC online and A Main Hobbies. A Main will give you $25 off listed price if you ask for the monthly coupon. That is where Ibought mine.
Have fun!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:01 AM
karand

Hi!
I am a longtime user Hitec products. I recently decided to upgrade my Optic and I purchased one at a Polish model shop (www.modelarnia.pl), receiver Optima9 and Spectra module. I am currently using the Optima9 receiver on my helicopter. A few days later happy with the new 2,4GHz system I bought a second receiver - Optima6 for my airplane. After one of the flights of T-rex 500 helicopter the end of one of the receiver antennas Boda Optima ninth was missing. After careful visual inspection of the receiver, I noticed that the second antenna is too loose at the end. I compared it with my second receiver Optima 6 and noticed a different modified structure of the element. I am desperate because I can not fly my T-rex at the moment. Help!? Please can you advise where can I buy a new antennas for my receiver? All my emails to <[email protected]> is undelivered returned to me. Why? Help me, please!
Thanks,
Andrzej
Old 08-23-2010, 11:51 AM
JIMF14D

Did you got to www.hitecrcd.com and then use the contact page online email? I imagine Hitec is the only place that will have them since the system is faily new.

Sounds like we should all get a spare. Or you might want to get a spare Rx to use for now.

Good luck.

JIm D

Old 08-24-2010, 09:34 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: karand

Hi!
I am a longtime user Hitec products. I recently decided to upgrade my Optic and I purchased one at a Polish model shop (www.modelarnia.pl), receiver Optima9 and Spectra module. I am currently using the Optima9 receiver on my helicopter. A few days later happy with the new 2,4GHz system I bought a second receiver - Optima6 for my airplane. After one of the flights of T-rex 500 helicopter the end of one of the receiver antennas Boda Optima ninth was missing. After careful visual inspection of the receiver, I noticed that the second antenna is too loose at the end. I compared it with my second receiver Optima 6 and noticed a different modified structure of the element. I am desperate because I can not fly my T-rex at the moment. Help!? Please can you advise where can I buy a new antennas for my receiver? All my emails to <[email protected]> is undelivered returned to me. Why? Help me, please!
Thanks,
Andrzej

Please find your distributor from the international distributor list for assistance on the antenna.
http://www.hitecrcd.com/contact-us/i...tributors.html
Old 08-24-2010, 10:01 AM
rwithey

It took a few days for Hitec to respond to my email. About two weeks after that I recieved FREE replacement antennas. Kudos to Hitec!

Rob
Old 08-24-2010, 11:40 AM
JIMF14D

Has anyone at Hitec done any on ground range testing with the little antenna wire missing? Not recommending flying that way but just wondering what the range results might be.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:21 AM
plaurence
My Feedback: (2)

I was planning to purchase an A9. Not very encouraging ! I would think when one is competing with the likes of Futaba, JR and Spektrum and now the Chinese, they would make it there business to be on top of customer support.

Peter
ORIGINAL: rwithey

So far no answer from Hitec in this Hitec ""Radio Manufacturer Direct Support Forums" and no answer to the email sent to the "Customer Service & Repair" link on the Hitec web site.

I guess I will have to try to call them when I have a day off during the work week.

Rob
Old 08-25-2010, 09:21 AM
rwithey

Actually if you read my last post, they did respond and did send me TWO free antennas when I only asked for one.
I think the couple of days waiting for an email back was reasonable for a company as big as Hitec.
I can't complain one bit about their service.

Rob
Old 08-25-2010, 09:26 AM
plaurence
My Feedback: (2)

Great to hear!

Going to buy the A9 this weekend.

Guess I would have bought it anyway. It's a great bang for the buck!

Peter

ORIGINAL: rwithey

Actually if you read my last post, they did respond and did send me TWO free antennas when I only asked for one.
I think the couple of days waiting for an email back was reasonable for a company as big as Hitec.
I can't complain one bit about their service.

Rob
Old 08-25-2010, 01:36 PM
karand

ORIGINAL: Brendan Lugo
....Please find your distributor from the international distributor list for assistance on the antenna.
http://www.hitecrcd.com/contact-us/i...tributors.html
Thank You. In the shop where I bought their combo gave the receiver for repair. With impatience I wait for the result of complaint.
Andrzej
Old 08-25-2010, 02:17 PM
JIMF14D

I have had Hitec stuff for 10 years +. Service is great and cheap. Replace your transmitter case on a 10 year old Eclipse that started to fall apart from glo fuel Iguess. $15! Sometimes little stuff is free.

Try to get a servo horn screw from Spektrum....

By the way, every servo should come with two horn screws for old fat fingered guys like me with bad eyes who go..........."whoops" often!