Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9 2.4 system

Old 08-28-2010, 04:40 PM
yak-54
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora 9 2.4 system

hi to everyone
i have the new aurora system with optima 9 ch receiver brand new in box i am waitng for the manuel to be shipped to me from hitec.

i have this system for a week i charged the system but did not program it yet i fly over one month with futaba 7ch 2.4 i had futaba 7ch 72mhz and it is almost the same radio the new 7 ch 2.4 futaba helped me with duel elevator and this is what i fly today

i have the hangar 9 funtana X 100 with saito 120 on it it is a dream to fly this one and i just jumped into gas models i have the yak 54 50cc with the DA on it i fly it just 3 times i am still tremble though i fly may years about 35

back to the aurora as i said the system never came out of the box i ordered the hpp-22 programmer and hitec neck strep balance from tower my problem is that i am fear from this radio some of my friends lost there planes blaming the radio some reported a lock in the air and this is making me worry did i made the right
choice about this system

some of them told me not to buy and to wait some time after all it is new product i fear to lose my plane the gas especially it is my second love what to do i am in big dilemma here

thank you
ilan
Old 08-29-2010, 10:43 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Aurora 9 2.4 system

As with most 2.4Ghz systems, the minimum voltage required to operate is much higher than 72Mhz so most lockouts are actually brownouts where the batteries are loaded by powerful servo causing the voltage to sag which causes a loss of control. The Hitec AFHSS system has proven to be one of if not the most solid RF link and a signal lockout is almost unheard of. So make sure you use a good 6v or greater battery that is capable of handling the loads the servos you are using can put on them and you will be fine. In the latest V1.07 firmware the battery telemetry will show you the lowest voltage seen durring your flight and you have the ability to set a custom low battery warning which will allow you to see exactly what your batteries are doing in flight.

Example of a giant scale set up using HV servos and dual lipo packs for power.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzpbHd5O4Y8[/youtube]
Old 08-30-2010, 12:36 AM
yak-54
Banned

Default RE: Aurora 9 2.4 system

thanks mike
i do appreciate your reply i am happey that i don't fly/make 3D maneuvers just a nice F3A aerobatics and use 7.4v on a 3000 battery
i am waiting for the manuel to see how how to set the voltage in the plane
ilan
p.s
can you ask bily from CS if he sent  the manuel to israel
thanks