Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Freedom 9s Rx

Old 08-31-2010, 06:25 PM
arnieby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom 9s Rx

Just recieved my Hitec Freedom 9s receiver and was about to hook up a battery to it but there are no markings on it to indicate the proper orientation/polarity of the connectors/pins. The instruction sheet says to observe the pin assignment symbol on the reciever but I sure don't see it anywhere.
Anyone know if negative wire or signal wire faces the top of the case? Don't wanna fry it.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:41 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Freedom 9s Rx

ORIGINAL: arnieby Just recieved my Hitec Freedom 9s receiver and was about to hook up a battery to it but there are no markings on it to indicate the proper orientation/polarity of the connectors/pins. The instruction sheet says to observe the pin assignment symbol on the reciever but I sure don't see it anywhere. Anyone know if negative wire or signal wire faces the top of the case? Don't wanna fry it.
The slots are all keyed to match Hitec/JR/Sanwa(Airtronics S-01 & Futaba Jplugs, as attached.
Align the bevels or keyway and plugs insert easily, one should never have to force in.

Hitec HSD-09RQ (aka Freedom 9S) has further detail and .pdf Korean manual which includes many more pictures.

Freedom 9S Set-Up may also assist.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93724.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	1493427  
Old 05-15-2011, 01:22 PM
got2retire

Got a couple of Hitec freedom 9s receivers, and tried to get them to link up. Using a JR 8103 transmitter im PPM mode on Channel 29. Followed the instructions (correctly I think) and all I get is a really rapid led blinking. No response from the transmitter on any channel. Any thoughts? got2retire
Old 05-15-2011, 01:57 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: got2retire Got a couple of Hitec freedom 9s receivers, and tried to get them to link up. Using a JR 8103 transmitter im PPM mode on Channel 29. Followed the instructions (correctly I think) and all I get is a really rapid led blinking. No response from the transmitter on any channel. Any thoughts? got2retire
1. Check RXbattery isfully charged
(min 5vessential, preferably using a battery & swtitch harness, not a BEC.
Loose Cell Battery Box & Switch harness - Included with Aurora & Optima set to aid Linking and Set Up
only for those with EP Models in lieu of using ESC/BEC. Not intended for use in flight.).

2. Make sure TX is not to close to RX during link, not less than 50 cm nor more than say 2.0m

3.The linking process should only take around 6 seconds.
3.1. Turn Tx on and make sure it is in a FM (PPM) mode.
3.2. Press and hold the setup button on the receiver as you apply power to the receiver. Once power is on release the button. LED will blink.
3.3. Move channel 1 stick back and forth for approximately 6 seconds until the LED turns solid.
3.4. Power cycle the receiver. You should now be linked to the channel your radio is on and have control of the channels.

4. Fail safe setup:
4.1. TX on and RX on (you have full control of moving the servos with your Tx at this point)
4.2. Press the setup button for approximately 3 seconds until the LED goes out.
4.3. Move and hold the TX control stick to the position you want the surfaces to be in when fail safe is active.
4.4. Press the set up botton once (just press, dont hold) the LED will blink once.
4.5. To test the failsafe, turn off TX power. Within a second the surfaces will move to the failsafe position you set.

5. Notes from manual:
. TXOn First/Off Last.
. This receiver can also be operated with transmitters not using Synthesizer technology,
i.e. those using conventional plug-in crystals.

"Mixed operation with FM/PPM transmitters of other makes is possible in principle.
However, we cannot guarantee that such a system will work perfectly, as there are too
many possible combinations for us to check."

9. Auto Shift switching (FREEDOM 9S only) - see manual.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 05-16-2011, 02:40 PM
got2retire

Alan,

Thanks much for the info. What you sent was a great. Either I wasn't reading Hitecs info ??? On the second attempt, using your info They all now work.

Again, thanks so much...

Tom