Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS 7954 SERVOS

Old 09-07-2010, 07:12 AM
juance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS 7954 SERVOS

Hi all:
I purchased HS7954 Hitech servos and I am observing a weird behavior: the travel speed is not constant; as it get closer to the center of the travel (zero) it slows down. it is obvious that for precision aerobatics this is a problem!!. The question is: is an inherent characteristic of this servo ? What's behind this rationale ? I also have compared it with HS7050 and others Hi-Techs and no one doesn't do something like that, so it is the servo characteristic. This happens only when approaching the center, and if for instance I give a little stick touch to the opposite side the servo returns fast (won't slow down as it get closer to the center).

Questions for Hi-Tech people:

1. Is this a characteristic that can be programmed with the programmer ?
2. If No. 1 is not possible, can a new firmware be uploaded to the servo to remove it ?

If non of this is not possible I will have to send the servos back as they won't supply my need.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2010, 10:52 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HS 7954 SERVOS

No, this is not a characteristic of this servo. Essentially this is the identical servo as the popular 7955 but with steel gears.

Mike.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:10 PM
juance

Default RE: HS 7954 SERVOS

Mike:
If they are identical there are 8 servos that we have purchased with the same problem. We have tested them against the other and the 7954 present the problem depicted before, and also have slower speed. We have taken videos and it can be seen there.
I guess you already spoke with my friend about this and you'll receive the video soon.
Thanks