Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic 6 freez up

Old 09-09-2010, 01:55 PM
hyflyer9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6 freez up

Hello I am having a huge problem with my optic 6 TX . I installed a new engine in my top Flight P39 and as I was setting the throttle throw and trims the TX froze up and will not take any programing on the one model and will not do any thing at all it seems it just froze up . But all is ok on all the other models that are programed in the TX .
Any one got any ideas . Please help I Really don't want to have to re program the the whole model again as I don't remember all the settings I had set .
Thank you
Truly hyflyer9 Daniel.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Brendan Lugo

Default RE: Optic 6 freez up

Is your Optic on 72 Mhz or on 2.4Ghz? If on 2.4 did you convert it to that from 72? How old is the radio and what software version is in it? What model memory number is this model setup on?
Old 09-10-2010, 10:41 AM
hyflyer9

The radio has been converted from 72mhz to 2.4 and has been working just fine until now and it is about three years old and 8 model memory
Thank you
hyflyer9.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Brendan Lugo

Does your radio show a software version in the sub programming screen?
What model memory are you in when the radio freezes up?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:33 AM
hyflyer9

Hello
the radio is set for PPM and is on model #8 and is Sft.N and on ACGL mode 2 .
I have even tried to copy the model memory to another channel from chnl 8 to chnl 3 and the same happens on chnl 3 .
I finaly got it working after about 8 1/2 hrs of trying but I am not sure if I want to trust this radio with A $ 1000.00 warbird
What is going on with this radio.
Thank you .
hyflyer9 Daniel.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Brendan Lugo

In some instances if you are using a lot of subtrim to center the servo instead of mechanically getting the horn as close as possable there have been occasions where it has froze the screen of the radio. This was more notacable in the older versions of software for this radio. Hence the question of what version software do you have???
Old 09-14-2010, 11:00 AM
hyflyer9

hello
I don't know what sofware version it is I have looked threw all the programing and sub program and it does not show any thing except the normal programing functions but the radio was purchased new and it was one of the first optic 6's that the hobby shop had got from his supplier . If you need to know the soft ware just give me an idea what I am looking for and I will try and find it
thank you
hyflyer9.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Brendan Lugo

Hold both edit keys down while turning on the radio to get into the sub programming screen. Now use one of the edit keys to scroll through the menu. The older radios will show V1.? in one of the screens. If nothing like this is shown then you have V1.2 which is the newest software. If you have V1.0 or 1.1 then send the radio in and we'll update the rom.