RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Aurora 9 HTS telemetry not working (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/10087109-aurora-9-hts-telemetry-not-working.html)

Kingy97 10-22-2010 04:57 PM

Aurora 9 HTS telemetry not working

Hi
I hope you can help?
Aurora 9 updated to 1.07, Optima 9 and spectra 2.4 updated to 2.0
The telemetry sensor is getting power from channel 8 and is flashing blue, Data cable is linked from the data port to the side of the optima 9 (data) and Im powering the optima 9 via a lipo thorugh the battery/ch9 and a separate NiMH through the SPC...but the aurora 9 comes up with sensor is not connected.

Any ideas please...have I got it wired up wrong as all my updates have been applied?

Cheers
Paul

jooNorway 10-24-2010 09:13 AM

RE: Aurora 9 HTS telemetry not working

Stupid question... Have you connected any sensors to the sensor station?
Works for me...

Kingy97 10-26-2010 03:42 PM

Thanks JooNorway
Yes, I have two temperature sensors and the gps sensor attached.
Ive just re-updated all the firmware on the radio, reciever and spectra 2.4, get the blue light okay so power is going to the HTS but still getting 'sensors not connected' on the aurora. As per Alan's suggestion, Ive checked the data connector is the correct way around but no joy :-(
Paul

A.T. 10-29-2010 09:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Kingy97 Thanks JooNorway Yes, I have two temperature sensors and the gps sensor attached. Ive just re-updated all the firmware on the radio, reciever and spectra 2.4, get the blue light okay so power is going to the HTS but still getting 'sensors not connected' on the aurora. As per Alan's suggestion, Ive checked the data connector is the correct way around but no joy :-( Paul
Just added enhanced connection diagram to:
Telemetry - Instruction Sheets & User Guide.
Pictures of Optima attached show lead from HPP-22 = (S) - (P) - (-) but note lead from HTS-SS has Positive &Signal leads transposed = (P) - (S ) - (-)
as per copies attached. Please check power cable is inserted.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

GHeiman 10-30-2010 09:14 AM

Try turning the data cable from the sensor station over where it goes into the receiver. It will go in either way because it noes not have a Futaba style ear. I had the same problem.

Kingy97 11-01-2010 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi
Thanks for the pictures Alan and thanks GHeiman for the tip.
My data connector into the receiver was ordered red-yellow-black and not yellow-red-black as per your picture.
I swapped them around and I still can't get anywhere so I've included the pics from my setup.

Using CH8 from Optima 9 into the HTSpower. Ive got black-red-yellow (L-R) looking at the HTS and yellow-red-black (L-R) looking down on the Optima
Data cable from HTSto Optima 9 as pictured.
My Lipo is connected into BAT/CH9 and I have a NiMH into SPC

I have a gps sensor and a Temp sensor so should I see something immediately on the Aurora 9?

Thanks Again
Paul

Addition: Ive just noticed that wires on my optical RPM sensor connector, that goes into my HTS is ordered red-black-yellow which is another combination so have Hitec been playing with my wiring :-)</p>

Kingy97 11-01-2010 03:42 PM

...and My GPS sensor is getting warm so that is definitely getting the power in...just no idea whats happening from the HTS to the Optima 9</p>

MikeMayberry 11-02-2010 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Kingy97

Hi
Thanks for the pictures Alan and thanks GHeiman for the tip.
My data connector into the receiver was ordered red-yellow-black and not yellow-red-black as per your picture.
I swapped them around and I still can't get anywhere so I've included the pics from my setup.

Using CH8 from Optima 9 into the HTS power. Ive got black-red-yellow (L-R) looking at the HTS and yellow-red-black (L-R) looking down on the Optima
Data cable from HTS to Optima 9 as pictured.
My Lipo is connected into BAT/CH9 and I have a NiMH into SPC

I have a gps sensor and a Temp sensor so should I see something immediately on the Aurora 9?

Thanks Again
Paul

Addition: Ive just noticed that wires on my optical RPM sensor connector, that goes into my HTS is ordered red-black-yellow which is another combination so have Hitec been playing with my wiring :-)</p>

The connector in the sensor station is correct but not the one in the data port. It should look like this:

Mike.

Kingy97 11-03-2010 07:49 AM

ThanksMike
I'll give it a go
Paul

Kingy97 11-06-2010 03:54 PM

Thanks for everyones help with this. I built a new data cable (as the HTS was getting power) and its all working correctly...Hooray!</p>

</p>

Paul</p>

gwillia99 11-21-2010 10:30 PM

I am having issues with my telemetry as well. I was able to get the cockpit to come up; however, my temp gauge still reads -40 f. I know it has been cold for AZ but I know its not -40. Any advice?

Chillybee 08-10-2012 08:42 PM

I have the same problems with my new HTS telemetry module while using my Optima 9 receivers. Only the battery icon is available on the sensor screen. Once in a while, the cockpit view is there but none of the sensors are showing numbers. I've called Hitech and tried everything they suggested including switching the red & yellow wire positions in the plug and that actually made things worse because not even the battery voltage showed up on my display. I even bought another telemetry module without any better results. Since I'm not using the SPC ports, I'm assuming that both should have jumpers in them? The only difference I see in he pictures posted is that I'm not using SPC. Now this same HTS-SS telemetry system works fine with my Optima 7 and it hasn't been updated since last year. Both of my Optima 9s, my transceiver module and transmitter have had their firware updated. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DrGsi 06-05-2019 01:28 AM

Nothing works

I had the Aurora 9 for 6 yrs now. I love its features but the telemetry sucks.
I bought the electric and nitro hts_ss stations and all possible sensors and upgraded everything and followed instructions carefully and switch the signal
And positive leads for Optima 9 but the sensors refuse to appear on the radio. The Blue light on the station blinks.
To my surprise, I got a y lead and connected the data port to hp22 and the telemetry station at once and voila, the sensors appeared
On my radio but the lead blue light turned steady and not blinking but No teletemetry data. If I disconnect the Hp22, and cycled the radi, no more sensors and blue station light returns to flickering. I stripped the signal and red wire at the hp22 lead after removal from the hp22 and if I short circuit the two, the sensors appear on the radio, blue light gets steady but no data transmitted from any of the sensors. I thought the signal wire need some minimum voltage to allow receiver to detect the station. I applied an independent 1.5 v to the black(-) and signal(+) directly and the radio detected the station but no data still. But after a minute tge receiver stopped responding. And actually got fried. So, I decided to dump the whole telemetry thing and switch to another reliable brand.