RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Aurora 9 J1, 2, 3 and 4 functions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/10115848-aurora-9-j1-2-3-4-functions.html)

Wayne Miller 11-04-2010 06:53 PM

Aurora 9 J1, 2, 3 and 4 functions

Hi,

I'm assuming that J1, J2, J3, and J4 will adjust the stick spring tension, or friction, on the Aurora 9. However, I've searched and read the manual, but I can not find exactly where their funtions are described. Is there a document that describes their function?

Can you tell me which stick they control, and what each one does? Also, does turning them out give more tension (same as throttle).

Thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

dfrazier 11-04-2010 07:53 PM

RE: Aurora 9 J1, 2, 3 and 4 functions

Mode 2 Tx(throttle on left stick)
J1 Aileron
J2 Elevator
J3 Throttle(used when you switch to mode 1,3 or 4)
J4 Rudder

Tightening them up(clockwise) increases the tension

Wayne Miller 11-04-2010 08:18 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I think I have a handle on it now.

This is the way I understand it from referencing the pictures on page 63 in the manual and using the lettering on the back of the Tx:
M1/3 will enable the right stick for Mode 1 or 3. CW removes spring loading for stick centering, CCW allows spring loading for stick centering.
M2/4 will enable the left stick for Mode 2 or 4. CW removes spring loading for stick centering, CCW allows spring loading for stick centering.
J1 adjust tension for left stick left/right movement CW = more tension
J2 adjust tension for left stick up/down movement CW = more tension
J3 adjust tension for right stick up/down movement CW = more tension
J4 adjust tension for right stick left/right movement CW = more tension

Thanks for getting me on the right track.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

A.T. 11-04-2010 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller - Hi, I'm assuming that J1, J2, J3, and J4 will adjust the stick spring tension, or friction, on the Aurora 9. However, I've searched and read the manual, but I can not find exactly where their funtions are described. Is there a document that describes their function?
Can you tell me which stick they control, and what each one does? Also, does turning them out give more tension (same as throttle).Thanks for your help.Fly4Fun,Wayne
Aurora Transmitter Mode & Stick Tension Change. (- with pictures.)
more at:
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Wayne Miller 11-05-2010 09:40 AM

NOTE: Mode change software instructions have changed - see A.T.'s post #7 below

Hi,

Thanks for all the information. I had gone to all the above suggested sites, but did not find what I wanted. With the above information, I was able to put together a simple pictorial of what each switch does. I've done this quickly, so if you see any changes that need to be made, or any suggestions, please let me know.

Hope this helps someone else.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

Wayne Miller 11-05-2010 09:53 AM

Sorry Duplicate Post

A.T. 11-05-2010 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller Hi, Thanks for all the information. I had gone to all the above suggested sites, but did not find what I wanted. With the above information, I was able to put together a simple pictorial of what each switch does. I've done this quickly, so if you see any changes that need to be made, or any suggestions, please let me know. Hope this helps someone else. Fly4Fun, Wayne
A good diagram, but please note that procedure to change firmware is not now as described Manual page 63, as referenced. Procdeure was amended V.105 and now preventsaccidental mode changes whenevericondepressed. New procedure referenced post #4.
Aurora Transmitter Mode & Stick Tension Change.

regards
Alan T.

Wayne Miller 11-05-2010 08:37 PM

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the info - I've updated my post to refer to your post above for the new procedure.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

proline1000 09-09-2011 03:17 AM

FYI- After discussion with Hitec a few days ago there is a mistake in the Aurora 9 manual. Looking at the back of the transmitter diagram in manual, position J1 and J2 should be switched with J2 being on the outside. I am relatively new to RC world but I must say that the instructions for this portion of the transmitter are very confusing to me. Unfortunate as the rest of the instructions are excellent and programming is a breeze. Perhaps they can post an addendum for "folks like me"!