RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Binding Aurora 9 and Optic 6 to same plane? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/10117471-binding-aurora-9-optic-6-same-plane.html)

Wayne Miller 11-05-2010 04:21 PM

Binding Aurora 9 and Optic 6 to same plane?

Hi,

I apologize if this has already been answered, but I could not find and answer by searching here.

I plan to use an Aurora 9 as my main Tx with an Optic 6 2.4 (not a Sport) as a backup.

Can I bind the same receiver in one plane to two different Tx's and keep it's bind when not in use? or will I have to be re-bind the other Tx before flying with it?

Thanks for your help.

FDly4Fun,

Wayne

A.T. 11-05-2010 05:15 PM

RE: Binding Aurora 9 and Optic 6 to same plane?

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller Hi,
I apologize if this has already been answered, but I could not find and answer by searching here. I plan to use an Aurora 9 as my main Tx with an Optic 6 2.4 (not a Sport) as a backup. Can I bind the same receiver in one plane to two different Tx's and keep it's bind when not in use? or will I have to be re-bind the other Tx before flying with it? Thanks for your help. FDly4Fun, Wayne

Optima RX can link to onlyone Spectra Pro at a time.
Accordingly, to avoid re-linking each time, simply transfer the relative module between the two transmitters.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Wayne Miller 11-05-2010 05:19 PM

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

Wayne Miller 11-21-2010 12:58 PM

Hi Alan,

The changing modules sounded great until I actually tried it. The modules in the Aurora 9's are different than the Optic 6's modules, so I guess I'm back to re-binding. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

A.T. 11-21-2010 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Wayne Miller Hi Alan, The changing modules sounded great until I actually tried it. The modules in the Aurora 9's are different than the Optic 6's modules, so I guess I'm back to re-binding. Thanks for the suggestion though. Fly4Fun, Wayne
Please advise which 2.4Ghz module is in your Optic 6, this as I regularily use and/or demonstrate changing the same Spectra 2.4Ghzmodule between Aurora, Optic 6, Eclipse and Futaba FF7&FF8 TX.
i.e. confirm link remains between the module & transceiver.
There has only been oneother Hitec 2.4GHz module which wasoffered during a "special one off exchange for old modules", not known to have been retailed or included with any other package,which had the Antenna fixed to rear, picture attached. Extract from "Spectra Pro Promotional Module Instructions"
<span style="font-size: smaller">"5. Compatible Transmitters
- The Spectra 2.4P module and antenna can be used with the following Hitec transmitters; Prism 7, Eclipse 7, Optic 6 and the Aurora 9.
- Also compatible with Futaba&reg; brand transmitters using the FP-TP-FM module.
- In all cases, any transmitter using the Spectra 2.4P module will be compatible only with Hitec Optima series receivers."
</span>
If the Optic 6 has a 72 Mhz module, or has anotherbrand of module,the module will not fit Aurora.

see also the section on SpectraModules at
- Aurora A9, Spectra Pro &amp; Optima - FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links

Wayne Miller 11-21-2010 07:59 PM

Hi Alan,

After reading your post I thought I'd better double check.

Originally I had removed both modules and noticed the different number of pins on the Aurora 9 and Optic 6 transmitter. To be honest I never went any further, I should have looked at the modules themselves.

After your post, I took the modules out and looked at the back - they both have the same number of openings for the pins, and appear to be the same.

As always, you are correct - thanks for your help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne