RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Hitec Aurora 9 - can't turn on radio (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/10298634-hitec-aurora-9-cant-turn-radio.html)

xtreme-rc*er 01-29-2011 05:07 PM

Hitec Aurora 9 - can't turn on radio

I have a brand new Aurora 9 (and charged it the recommended time and it shows 100 percent charged) and just got in my HPP-22 programmer. Used the programmer to update the transmitter 1st then the 2.4 module and then the receivers (3 Optima 7's and 1 Optima 9). When I was finished with the programming I started binding the transmitter and the receivers. After successfully binding the first 2 receivers my problem showed up, while I was binding the 3rd one I was unable to turn on the power to the transmitter. When I switch on the power nothing shows up on the screen, I noticed that there is a solid red light on the module. I have had it on the charger now for several hours and I have periodically checked and still nothing. Is there a reset for this or do I need to send it in to Hitec?

A.T. 01-29-2011 06:01 PM

RE: Hitec Aurora 9 - can't turn on radio

ORIGINAL: xtreme-rc*er I have a brand new Aurora 9 (and charged it the recommended time and it shows 100 percent charged) and just got in my HPP-22 programmer. Used the programmer to update the transmitter 1st then the 2.4 module and then the receivers (3 Optima 7's and 1 Optima 9). When I was finished with the programming I started binding the transmitter and the receivers. After successfully binding the first 2 receivers my problem showed up, while I was binding the 3rd one I was unable to turn on the power to the transmitter. When I switch on the power nothing shows up on the screen, I noticed that there is a solid red light on the module. I have had it on the charger now for several hours and I have periodically checked and still nothing. Is there a reset for this or do I need to send it in to Hitec?
A very rare problem, typically caused by turning TX Off/On to quickly.
Please remove battery for a moment, cycle switch on/off and re-insert battery before trying again. Please refer Hitec support page -
Aurora A9 - Off/On Switch problem? TX Auto Saves <font size="1">(flash) </font>Each Session's Programming and Trim Settings etc on Shutdown. <font size="1">Allow time to complete task before switching on again. </font>

Aurora A9, Spectra Modules &amp; Optima Transceivers - FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links
<span style="font-size: smaller">(quick search = Ctrl+F)</span>

xtreme-rc*er 01-29-2011 06:20 PM

RE: Hitec Aurora 9 - can't turn on radio

Thanks A.T. for the quick reply......that solved my problem!