RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   aurora program for engine kill (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/11427039-aurora-program-engine-kill.html)

peter baldino 02-28-2013 10:40 AM

aurora program for engine kill

Hello. I'm looking to get some programming help using a aurora 9 radio. I'm trying to install a smart fly ingition cut off. I have installed it to channel 7 on my receiver. I would like to assign switch H as the switch to kill the engine using the smart fly cut off unit. How would I do it???
Thanks for your help.

JIMF14D 02-28-2013 05:06 PM

RE: aurora program for engine kill

I am sure there are lots of guys here who have set this up and used it that know more than me. But here is a way to run channel seven from switch h so it goes on off with that switch using the fuel cutoff name:

Turn on the tx and hit the "wrench"
select "channel"
Select channel 7 and select fuel and then hit set

Now channel 7 should read "fuel:null"

Now hit "null " and a control stick/switch menu should come up

hit "H" and "set" to make switch H control channel 7
back up to the previous page and channel 7 should show "fuel:H"

Go back to the wrench and hit it.
hit model and then monitor
Throw switch H back and forth and you should see channel 7 servo commands go full throw to either end

You might have to reverse channel 7 direction to get the signal to match your ignition control thingie

Good luck..........I hope this works for you!
Jim D

PS: I think you could leave it as AUX if you want and just hit "null" to go to the switch select menu.

peter baldino 03-04-2013 07:26 AM

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your help. I've tried your programming suggestions, but when I have the throttle at any setting eg. full ,and I hit the programmed kill switch , nothing happens ( the throttle stays at the open position.) Or do I have this all wrong?? I'm thinking the throttle servo must reset back to the off position , but perhaps the battery current to the engine only would be stopped, thereby killing the engine , regardless of the throttle position.

A.T. 03-04-2013 11:49 AM

<span style="font-size: smaller;"> ORIGINAL: peter baldino Hi Jim, Thanks for your help. I've tried your programming suggestions, but when I have the throttle at any setting
eg. full ,and I hit the programmed kill switch , nothing happens
(the throttle stays at the open position.) Or do I have this all wrong??
I'm thinking the throttle servo must reset back to the off position , but perhaps the battery current to the engine only would be stopped,
thereby killing the engine , regardless of the throttle position.</span>
1. Use the monitor screen and check that the selected switch is moving full deflection both sides of center,
perhaps both sides are set to Off or On..
2. All electronic switches work on same basis as an ESC. EPA may need to be extended:
. EPA, ATV, Dual &amp; Triple Rates, Expo Differences &amp; Caution includes ESC / BEC Set Up.
These may also assist:
. Aurora 9 - Switches Re-assign/Swap Switches and or Functions "F" &amp; "H" - DIY notes &amp; Replacement Switch part Numbers..
. Aurora 9 - Throttle Control - Glow Driver &amp;/or Ignition On/Off <font size="1">post #2239</font>
. After Market Accessories - Ignition Systems, Leads, Modules &amp; Switches - Cautions.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Modules, Optima &amp; Telemetry
- FAQ &amp; Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
[url=http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong]Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links[/url