RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Multiple Receivers with Aurora 9 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/11600920-multiple-receivers-aurora-9-a.html)

angelotti 07-02-2014 04:34 AM

Multiple Receivers with Aurora 9

My friend who is not Internet savvy uses his Aurora 9 with his gliders which take off on a dolly. The dolly has a second receiver to control its steerable wheel and has its own receiver battery. This was fine with the first model with both receivers bound. That model has a receiver battery separate from the motor power battery. When we tried with a second model on the dolly, which uses BEC to power the receiver in the model, it worked initially while taxiing but the transmitter was beeping. We could not see why it was beeping. The transmitter showed 8.0 volts for the transmitter battery. After a short while, the plane stopped responding to the transmitter and so we were not able to fly that second model.

We wondered if there is any issue using two receivers with the Aurora 9. Does it receive two different indications of the receiver battery voltage and what does the receiver battery voltage indication on the transmitter screen mean in that case?

We have tried to find information in the manual about using multiple receivers but without success.

Thanks.

A.T. 07-02-2014 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by angelotti (Post 11833875)
My friend who is not Internet savvy uses his Aurora 9 with his gliders which take off on a dolly. The dolly has a second receiver to control its steerable wheel and has its own receiver battery. This was fine with the first model with both receivers bound. That model has a receiver battery separate from the motor power battery. When we tried with a second model on the dolly, which uses BEC to power the receiver in the model, it worked initially while taxiing but the transmitter was beeping. We could not see why it was beeping. The transmitter showed 8.0 volts for the transmitter battery. After a short while, the plane stopped responding to the transmitter and so we were not able to fly that second model.
We wondered if there is any issue using two receivers with the Aurora 9. Does it receive two different indications of the receiver battery voltage and what does the receiver battery voltage indication on the transmitter screen mean in that case.
We have tried to find information in the manual about using multiple receivers but without success.
Thanks.

Suggest an Optima in the model and a non telemetry Minima in the dolly, refer"

.Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual Redundant receivers - The first turned on after the Transmitter will be the recognised telemetry sender.
.. includes Service Bulletin 'Optima Series Receivers - Dual Receiver Warning & Dual Battery recommendations"

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, 9X, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers, Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

angelotti 07-12-2014 02:41 AM

Thanks for the info. We have ordered a Minima to put on the dolly and it is expected to arrive next week.

We now have a problem with binding to a new Optima receiver, although it goes wrong before even turning on the receiver. There is no second receiver involved this time. We follow the instructions on p18 of the manual. We turn on the transmitter, press and hold the button on the module, press transmit Yes on the transmitter display. The red led on the module shows for a moment and then the blue led flashes repeatedly. If we continue with the remainder of the binding process despite the incorrect leds on the module, the model responds incorrectly and erratically to transmitter stick movements. I presume we are getting the operation wrong in some way. I did see a tutorial video about binding to a Minima receiver and getting a blue flashing led but I think that was for a different transmitter. It seems quite difficult to me to have to hold a button the back of the transmitter with a prodder while pressing a selection on the front and trying to observe the leds on the back but we tried many times with the same incorrect led response. Admittedly, I can't find complaints about it in these support threads.

Thanks for any help you can give.

A.T. 07-13-2014 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by angelotti (Post 11840100)
Thanks for the info.
We have ordered a Minima to put on the dolly and it is expected to arrive next week.
We now have a problem with binding to a new Optima receiver, although it goes wrong before even turning on the receiver.
There is no second receiver involved this time.
We follow the instructions on p18 of the manual. We turn on the transmitter, press and hold the button on the module, press transmit Yes on the transmitter display.
The red led on the module shows for a moment and then the blue led flashes repeatedly.
If we continue with the remainder of the binding process despite the incorrect leds on the module, the model responds incorrectly and erratically to transmitter stick movements.
I presume we are getting the operation wrong in some way. I did see a tutorial video about binding to a Minima receiver and getting a blue flashing led but I think that was for a different transmitter.
It seems quite difficult to me to have to hold a button the back of the transmitter with a prodder while pressing a selection on the front and trying to observe the leds on the back but we tried many times with the same incorrect led response.
Admittedly, I can't find complaints about it in these support threads.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Please refer to:
. AFHSS ID-Setup (Bind) Spectra Module V3.01(0), Optima Transceiver 6, 7 & 9ch V2.02(0) & Minima Receivers
- quick reference - latest firmware versions.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, 9X, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers, Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

If that does not help, email/phone direct to:

. Hitec Warranty & Service - homepage.
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada.
"Hitec USA customer service department is available Monday through Friday*
from 7am- 4:30 pm Pacific time. Reach us at 858.748.8440 or
[email protected] any time you have a question"
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links