RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   9x battery alarms (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/11628484-9x-battery-alarms.html)

14MZ flyer 04-10-2016 11:52 AM

9x battery alarms

Hi all

Is anybody experiencing problems with the battery voltage alerts on their 9x? I have mine set to vibrate and beep on 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 charge. But the amount of times the transmitter beeps and vibrates is very sporadic.
I have had my 9x two years now and it has shutdown completely twice on me when the alert has been at 3/4 power.
I lost my first model a Libelle DLG and the second model a Willow F3F went in to failsafe and I was able to switch the transmitter off and back on again and regain control before it hit the ridge.
I have lost all confidence in my 9x now and count the number of beeps the transmitter emits when it gets to 7 or 8 I start a landing pattern just in case.
I am running the latest update on both transmitter and receivers and have changed my voltage reading from percentage to volts as I heard that this can cause problems.
If any 9x owner's can tell me how many times the radio is suppose to beep and vibrate it will be a start. As mine has always been sporadic since new I just thought it was normal.

Xpress 04-11-2016 08:54 AM

Are you talking about telemetry voltage alerts? Or the transmitters own battery voltage warning?

14MZ flyer 04-11-2016 09:16 AM

Hi
I'm talking about the battery voltage indicator on my 9x transmitter.

Xpress 04-11-2016 10:35 AM

Yes, but for the transmitter itself? Or for the telemetry? Because it has 2 indicators.

14MZ flyer 04-11-2016 10:46 AM

Hi

For the transmitter itself

Xpress 04-11-2016 10:57 AM

What battery are you using? It sounds like it's not able to hold voltage anymore.

14MZ flyer 04-11-2016 12:52 PM

Hi
No its not a battery fault tried three different batteries in the Tx. Standard NiHm, high mAh NiHm and a lipo pack and get the same beeps and vibration warnings. My main concern is how many times is the 9x supposed to beep and vibrate at 3/4 1/2 and 1/4 levels. If I can find that out I would know for definite if it was a Tx fault or not.

Xpress 04-11-2016 02:16 PM

You won't get beeps at different voltage levels, there is only a certain voltage threshold that it will begin to beep at you and notify you that the battery is getting low. In the LiPo battery mode you can adjust it between 6.6v and 6.0v in 0.1v increments to fine tune it for whichever battery pack type you're using.

If you are saying it's beeping at you at all different levels then you may want to look to see if you have a timer enabled, or a telemetry voltage alarm. If none of these are present, then it may be an issue with your particular transmitter.